Presence
MESARTHIM

MESARTHIM - Presence cover

EP · 2017

1. Eschaton Part I (7:45)
2. Eschaton Part II (5:27)
3. Presence (7:32)

- . / Other
- . / Vocals

Format: Digital
Label: Independent
Release date: April 25th, 2017

Thanks to adg211288 for the addition

MESARTHIM MP3, Free Download/Stream

No MESARTHIM MP3s available for streaming.

Buy MESARTHIM - PRESENCE music

No release results found : showing artist results instead
The Great Filter / Type IIIThe Great Filter / Type III
AVANTGARDE 2017
Vinyl$21.86
PillarsPillars
Imports 2016
AbsenceAbsence
AVANTGARDE 2016
Pillars by Mesarthim (2016-01-01)Pillars by Mesarthim (2016-01-01)
Avantgarde
Isolate by Mesarthim (2016-01-01)Isolate by Mesarthim (2016-01-01)
Avantgarde
Showing 5 items | Cache expiring in 2h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
0 results found for "mesarthim" presence
Retry your search with "mesarthim" on eBay.com website

More places to buy metal & MESARTHIM music

MESARTHIM PRESENCE reviews

Australian atmospheric black metal duo Mesarthim have quickly become a productive group since the release of their debut full-length album Isolate (2015), with no less than six new releases put out during 2016; their second studio album .- -... ... . -. -.-. . (Absence), a single (added as a bonus track to physical releases of Isolate) and four EP's. 2017 has already seen two of those EP's put together for a physical release compilation, The Great Filter/Type III, and now their first new material of the year, Presence. It is a three track EP containing about twenty minutes of music.

Much like the Pillars (2016) EP was said to be a concluding release to what the band started on Isolate, Presence is said to do the same for Absence. The key difference is that Pillars really did feel like more of the same as Isolate but Presence feels quite different to Absence, also being more fresh in respect to the group's entire discography. There are similar elements of course and if anything it's closer to Isolate and Pillars than any of the releases put out since, but it also feels like a band taking their sound a step further. The cosmic vibes of their atmospheric black metal sound are still here, but it's even more psychedelic and trance-like than ever before, with the synths being used more dominantly than ever, including extended full-on synth sections where the metal elements get removed entirely, as in Eschaton Part I, which also adds some atmospheric female vocals to the music during the metal parts. The band's usual growling vocals barely get a look in. More familiar ground is Eschaton Part II and the title track, where the metal gets removed only in briefer dosages.

Presence is easily the most genre boundary pushing release from Mesarthim yet. It might be fair to say that for some listeners this EP may be the point where the duo finally went too far, but for my part I'm as enchanted as ever by their majestic sounds mixed with a harsh yet atmospheric black metal backdrop, yet equally enthralled in the moments where they remove the latter. In fact, this may even be my favourite EP from Mesarthim to date. A superb twenty minutes cosmic trip.

No MESARTHIM PRESENCE reviews posted by members yet.

• MorniumGoatahl