The Bride Screamed Murder
MELVINS

MELVINS - The Bride Screamed Murder cover

Album · 2010

Filed under Sludge/Post-metal

1. The Water Glass (4:16)
2. Evil New War God (4:48)
3. Pig House (5:29)
4. I'll Finish You Off (4:57)
5. Electric Flower (3:27)
6. Hospital Up (5:38)
7. Inhumanity and Death (3:03)
8. My Generation (7:39)
9. P.G. x 3 (6:20)

- King Buzzo / Guitar, Vocals
- Dale Crover / Drums, Vocals
- Jared Warren / Bass guitar, Vocals
- Coady Willis / Drums, Vocals

Released 1st June 2010 on Ipecac Recordings.

Thanks to Stooge for the addition and UMUR, Bosh66 for the updates

MELVINS MP3, Free Download/Stream

No MELVINS MP3s available for streaming.

Buy MELVINS - THE BRIDE SCREAMED MURDER music

Showing all 10 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com
Bride Screamed MurderBride Screamed Murder
Ipecac Recordings 2010
Bride Screamed Murder by Melvins (2010) Audio CDBride Screamed Murder by Melvins (2010) Audio CD
Ipecac Recordings
Showing 2 items | Cache expiring in 72h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com

More places to buy metal & MELVINS music

MELVINS THE BRIDE SCREAMED MURDER reviews

"The Bride Screamed Murder" is the 18th full-length studio album by US rock/metal act Melvins. The album was released in June 2010 by Ipecac Recordings. It´s interesting to note that for the first time in the band´s now long career they cracked the Billboard 200 Pop Charts (at #200) with "The Bride Screamed Murder".

...and it´s not because the music on the album is especially commercially oriented. At times it´s actually quite experimental like the opening track "The Water Glass" were the band experiments heavily with a capella vocal sections, call- and respons type vocals and chants. The track is very percussive too, fully taking advantage of the two drummers in the band. Opening the album with a track like that requires the balls of an elephant but Melvins easily fits that description. The basis in the music is somewhere between alternative rock/metal (with an occasional punked edge like in "Inhumanity and Death") and sludge metal but this is a band that likes to play with conventions so don´t put too much into the genre tags. It wouldn´t do the music justice. Just rest assured that if you enjoy hard rocking sludgy riffing, cool and adventurous organic drumming, strong and varied vocals and a suiting powerful and organic production "The Bride Screamed Murder" is probably something you´ll be able to appreciate. The wacky humour aspect of the band´s music is a nice feature too and should be mentioned as a strength too. Melvins are not a band that take themselves too seriously and that´s sometimes greatly deliberating.

There are nine tracks on the album. The first seven are original compositions while track number eight is a cover of "My Generation" by The Who in a twisted and experimental version and track number nine titled "P.G. x 3" is an even more twisted and experimental version of a traditional. Both tracks are greatly entertaining and performed with conviction. The original compositions are also high quality material to these ears. Even though there are vers/chorus structures in most tracks there are always twists to keep things exiting and adventurous. The many percussive sections where the two drummers interact with each other are integrated well in the tracks and don´t feel out of place. Most tracks could be mentioned as highligths but I´ll mention "I'll Finish You Off" as the highlight for me.

"The Bride Screamed Murder" spells quality all the way through. Excellent musicianship, great organic production and very entertaining material. Let´s just say I´m pretty fond of this album and A 4 star rating is deserved.

No MELVINS THE BRIDE SCREAMED MURDER reviews posted by members yet.

No MELVINS ratings only posted yet.

The Bride Screamed Murder Contents