Nude With Boots
MELVINS

MELVINS - Nude With Boots cover

Album · 2008

Filed under Sludge/Post-metal

1. The Kicking Machine (2:44)
2. Billy Fish (3:52)
3. Dog Island (7:32)
4. Dies Iraea (4:33)
5. Suicide in Progress (4:46)
6. The Smiling Cobra (3:42)
7. Nude With Boots (3:35)
8. Flush (1:07)
9. The Stupid Creep (1:30)
10. The Savage Hippy (3:34)
11. It Tastes Better Than the Truth (5:20)

- King Buzzo / Lead guitar, vocals

Recorded: January 2008

Toshi Kasai - Recording
John Golden - Mastering
Mackie Osborne - Artwork
Tom Hazelmyer - Additional guitar and vocals on and recording of "The Savage Hippy"

Thanks to Paperbag, UMUR for the updates

MELVINS MP3, Free Download/Stream

No MELVINS MP3s available for streaming.

Buy MELVINS - NUDE WITH BOOTS music

Showing all 14 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com
Nude With BootsNude With Boots
Ipecac Recordings 2008

More places to buy metal & MELVINS music

MELVINS NUDE WITH BOOTS reviews

"Nude With Boots" is the 17th full-length studio album by US alternative/sludge metal act Melvins. The album was released in July 2008 by Ipecac Recordings. It´s the second album to feature a four-piece lineup consisting of Dale Crover (Drums, Vocals), King Buzzo (Guitar, Vocals) and the two "new" members Jared Warren (Bass guitar, Vocals) and Coady Willis (Drums, Vocals). The latter two came from Big Business and joined the former two for the recording of "(A) Senile Animal (2006)". A marriage made in heaven (or hell, whichever you prefer) if you ask me.

"Nude With Boots" continue the alternative/experimental/sludge metal style of it´s predecessor but while there are many similarities between the two albums, there are as many differences. While "(A) Senile Animal" was pretty consistent in style (albeit with a few odd experiments), "Nude With Boots" branch out much more and embrace both heavy sludgy tracks, more energetic punked rock/metal tracks, a couple of instrumentals and the last two tracks "The Savage Hippy" and "It Tastes Better Than the Truth" which are unbelievably filthy, slow-paced and sludgy. Unlike anything heard on "(A) Senile Animal". Melvins have of course lost none of their trademark odd humour and the lyrics are as weird and charming as ever.

I spend a lot of time talking about the percussive assault in my review of "(A) Senile Animal" and I have to mention it again talking about "Nude With Boots". Dale Crover and Coady Willis compliment each other extremely well and their playing gives the music an extra dimension that is greatly enjoyable IMO. The possibilities of having four vocalists in the band also means a lot to the sound. I especially enjoy the raw vocals by Jared Warren. The musicianship is generally on a very high level and the organic sound production and the tight yet "human" way the music is performed adds a lot to my overall enjoyment of the album.

"Nude With Boots" is another high quality release by Melvins. There are a few more twists and overall it´s a bit more challenging than "(A) Senile Animal", but honestly I wouldn´t be able to pick one over the other. Great and highly recommendable albums the both of them. A 4 star rating is fully deserved.

No MELVINS NUDE WITH BOOTS reviews posted by members yet.

Nude With Boots Contents