The Madness Tongue Devouring Juices of Livid Hope
MASSEMORD

MASSEMORD - The Madness Tongue Devouring Juices of Livid Hope cover

Album · 2010

Filed under Black Metal

1. The Madness Tongue Devouring Juices of Livid Hope (35:06)

Information missing - contribute to MMA, by filling this information using the left menu member zone link "Edit album infos". This function is only available to MMA Collabs.

Formats: CD, LP
Label: Pagan Records
Catalog #: MOON 068
Release date: November 10th, 2010

Thanks to Vehemency for the addition

MASSEMORD MP3, Free Download/Stream

No MASSEMORD MP3s available for streaming.

Buy MASSEMORD - THE MADNESS TONGUE DEVOURING JUICES OF LIVID HOPE music

Showing all 2 items | *Auction price may increase, data is cached, expiring in 23h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com
Madness Tongue Devouring Juices of Livid HopeMadness Tongue Devouring Juices of Livid Hope
PID 2010

More places to buy metal & MASSEMORD music

MASSEMORD THE MADNESS TONGUE DEVOURING JUICES OF LIVID HOPE reviews

renkls
A rather slight album, if you consider it an album and not a single 35 minute track - but for the single track it is, it's quite catchy, albeit rather repetitive because of it.

The title track (which is a rather amusing title too) uses one underlying rhythm to drive the whole album, then adds various elements to the piece as it progresses. I hear piano, melodic elements and some feedback experimentation weave in and out. The lyrics, though somewhat sparse, are actually a highlight point for me. Despite being firmly in black metal territory, I had no issue discerning the words at all, as they seemed to tread the line between singing and spoken word.

While at its core, pretty aesthetically simple, it's still not a bad album in itself, just gives the feeling of being overly slight for a full length release. At 35 minutes, the length doesn't feel overlong at least. As an album/song, you could do a lot worse though.
Vehemency
While I wasn’t so stoked about Massemord’s earlier release, namely the short EP Notes of Antihate Profound, this latest output, a true name monster for sure, grabs my interest on a totally different level. As soon as the first sounds of the fading-in instruments are heard on The Madness Tongue Devouring Juices of Livid Hope, the listener is in for a 35-minute hypnotizing ride.

A down-tuned guitar rhythm pattern is the basis behind the droning, rather slow-tempo, long song. It’s menacing, simple and indeed repetitive, but never boring - much thanks to the intricate yet not too technical drumming and, most importantly, the melodic ideas that are brought on top of the pulsing rhythm section. A lot of interesting guitarwork is provided by the other guitarist while the other keeps going on with the heavy main rhythm. Occasional ethereal synth sounds are presented and at times the atmosphere builds up to semi-fast blastbeats. The singer Namtar’s convincing masculine low-range screams are similar to Mgła’s, and even generally the album reminds me surprisingly much of the aforementioned band.

The brooding atmosphere that possesses The Madness Tongue Devouring Juices of Livid Hope is impressive: the journey is quite an experience. Production-wise, the album is very well done with a professional, full and rough sound with many detailed levels. Musically, the album might not be the most original one but surely a real treat anyways. Just ignore the rather bad looking cover art and invest into this record if you are a fan of, say, Mgła that is this time stretched into an atmospheric, half an hour piece.

No MASSEMORD THE MADNESS TONGUE DEVOURING JUICES OF LIVID HOPE reviews posted by members yet.

No MASSEMORD ratings only posted yet.

The Madness Tongue Devouring Juices of Livid Hope Contents