Kobra and the Lotus
KOBRA AND THE LOTUS

KOBRA AND THE LOTUS - Kobra and the Lotus cover

Filed under Power Metal

1. 50 Shades of Evil (3:21)
2. Welcome to my Funeral (3:56)
3. Forever One (3:36)
4. Heaven’s Veins (4:08)
5. My Life (4:39)
6. Nayana (My Eyes) (4:06)
7. Sanctuary (4:22)
8. Lover of the Beloved (4:16)
9. No Rest for the Wicked (4:49)
10. Aria of Karmika (4:40)

- Kobra Paige / Vocals
- Timothy Vega / Guitars
- Jasio Kulakowski / Guitars
- Peter Dimov / Bass
- Griffin Kissack / Drums

Released by Simmons Records, August 6th, 2012.

Thanks to adg211288 for the addition

KOBRA AND THE LOTUS MP3, Free Download/Stream

No KOBRA AND THE LOTUS MP3s available for streaming.

Buy KOBRA AND THE LOTUS - KOBRA AND THE LOTUS music

Showing all 17 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com
0 results found for "KOBRA AND THE LOTUS" kobra and the lotus
Retry your search on Amazon.com website
No items found | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com

More places to buy metal & KOBRA AND THE LOTUS music

KOBRA AND THE LOTUS KOBRA AND THE LOTUS reviews

Kobra and the Lotus (2012) is the self-titled second album by the female fronted Canadian traditional heavy metal act Kobra and the Lotus (although for some reason it seems to be being promoted as their debut, which it is not). The band’s line-up has largely been reworked since the release of their debut full-length Out of the Pit (2009), leaving only vocalist Kobra Paige and drummer Griffin Kissack the only two members performing on both releases.

Despite their branding as a traditional heavy metal act, the music on Kobra and the Lotus has a little bit more to do with power metal to my ears. That's the harder hitting US variant for the most part though there are definitely nods to the more guitar driven European styles as well. Opener 50 Shades of Evil really assert's the band's power metal side, but there is also a portion of the album which certainly is more about classic sounding heavy metal driven by Kobra Paige’s powerful singing, excellent guitar leads and classic galloping style heavy metal rhythms straight out of the school of Iron Maiden. If you want metal if other words you've certainly got it with this one.

To my ears the band prove best at doing power metal but they do traditional heavy metal pretty well too. Other highlights include Welcome to My Funeral, Forever One and Sanctuary. The music itself is fairly standard between the two styles; the closing Aria of Karmika adds a few symphonic elements as backing but mostly Kobra and the Lotus set out to bring classic metal and they succeed at that exceptionally well. Kobra Paige is the real star though; her powerful voice is quite unlike any other female singer in metal I've yet heard.

Kobra and the Lotus are yet another band in the current influx of high quality female fronted metal acts releasing an album in 2012 and I’m beginning to think there’s no end to the acts coming out with a style like this at the moment. Of course that’s certainly a not a bad thing. In their case they do, as stated, show an even better aptitude for power metal during this album than they do traditional heavy metal, so while I would like to hear them fully go down this route I can’t deny that it is a well crafted album with no dips in compositional quality and honestly, that’s all I really look for in a heavy/power metal album in 2012. Great work.

88/100

(Originally written for Heavy Metal Haven: http://metaltube.freeforums.org/kobra-and-the-lotus-kobra-and-the-lotus-t2429.html)

No KOBRA AND THE LOTUS KOBRA AND THE LOTUS reviews posted by members yet.

• Nergal131