IMMOLATION — Harnessing Ruin

IMMOLATION - Harnessing Ruin cover

Album · 2005

Filed under Death Metal
By IMMOLATION

1. Swarm of Terror (3:14)
2. Our Savior Sleeps (3:36)
3. Challenge the Storm (3:56)
4. Harnessing Ruin (4:30)
5. Dead to Me (5:18)
6. Son of Iniquity (6:06)
7. My Own Enemy (6:45)
8. Crown the Liar (4:53)
9. At Mourning's Twilight (5:15)

- Ross Dolan / Bass, Vocals

Harnessing RuinHarnessing Ruin
Listenable 2014
Harnessing Ruin by ImmolationHarnessing Ruin by Immolation
Imports
Showing 2 items | Cache expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
Showing all 10 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com

More places to buy metal & IMMOLATION music

IMMOLATION HARNESSING RUIN reviews

Nightfly
It just goes to show how important it is how you listen to your music. Until recently Harnessing Ruin was the only Immolation album not in my collection. I always intended to get it one day for completions sake but until I finally bought it I’d only ever heard it on the computer through crappy speakers or headphones and felt it to be one of their less essential albums. Having had the opportunity to crank it up on a good Hi-Fi, it proved to be a revelation with the sound really opening up and my opinion has changed considerably.

Released in 2005 it was on the tails of two of Immolations most highly regarded albums – Close To a World Below and Unholy Cult. Whilst it doesn’t reach the heights of those two classics it‘s more than a worthy follow up. By Immolation standards at least it’s a bit of an easier listen for the uninitiated than the last two, though of course this being immolation we’re talking relatively speaking. Whilst the sound here is generally a bit denser and muddier and there’s still plenty of their trademark dissonance on display but musically its slightly more melodic and accessible. Robert Vigna still manages to conjure up some incredible off the wall riffs aided by second guitarist Bill Taylor with new drummer Steve Shalaty, who remains with them to this day, filling Alex Hernandez’s shoes admirably as he lays the foundations for all the rhythmic twists and turns you’d expect from these death metal geniuses. Ross Dolan’s low register growl is another instantly recognisable factor, his bass is more felt than to the fore but none the worse for it. Whilst there are no particular stand out tracks it’s a measure of overall quality than weakness and it’s fair to say that in a career that goes back to the early nineties they have yet to release a bad album.

Harnessing Ruin still wouldn’t make my favourites list of Immolation albums but it is up against some pretty stiff competition and whilst not the best place to start in exploring them (for that why not try latest release Atonement) is more than worth a listen.

No IMMOLATION HARNESSING RUIN reviews posted by members yet.

• MorniumGoatahl

What Are Your Plans For Eternity? Metalcore
FOX RIVER
NUM83R5 Melodic Metalcore
WE ARE NUMBERS

Loudness - Crazy Nights (HD)
LOUDNESS