Kelle surut soi
HAVUKRUUNU

HAVUKRUUNU - Kelle surut soi cover

Album · 2017

1. Jo näkyvi pohjan portit (7:14)
2. Vainovalkeat (5:34)
3. Noidanhauta (7:02)
4. Vainajain valo (4:49)
5. Vaeltaja (5:49)
6. Myrskynkutsuja (6:50)
7. Verikuu (6:18)
8. Kelle surut soi (7:58)

- Stefan / Vocals, Guitars, Bass, Keyboards
- Noitavalo / Drums, Percussion

Format: CD
Label: Naturmacht Productions
Release date: April 29th, 2017

Thanks to adg211288 for the addition

HAVUKRUUNU MP3, Free Download/Stream

No HAVUKRUUNU MP3s available for streaming.

Buy HAVUKRUUNU - KELLE SURUT SOI music

No release results found : showing artist results instead
0 results found for "havukruunu"
Retry your search on Amazon.com website
No items found | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
0 results found for "havukruunu" kelle surut soi
Retry your search with "havukruunu" on eBay.com website

More places to buy metal & HAVUKRUUNU music

HAVUKRUUNU KELLE SURUT SOI reviews

Pagan black metal may just be the most loosely defined of the black metal sub-genres, if only by virtue of the fact that's its so often crossed with another black metal genre, usually atmospheric, that scant few artists actually play what could be described as pure pagan black metal. It's often used to add flavour and vibe to what is otherwise music that clearly belongs to the other sub-genre, with the work of acts such as Drudkh, Saor, Wodensthrone and Darkestrah springing to mind. Others simply exist on the fringes of it, otherwise playing fairly traditional black metal. More still amplify the folk element to it and ultimately become actual folk metal. As such, exactly what makes pagan black metal is something that, much like with the semi-related viking metal genre, is often misunderstood and categorised as a pseudo genre. This is not actually true. One band who excels at making pagan black metal as a distinct genre in its own right is Finland's Havukruunu, whose second full-length album Kelle Surut Soi (2017), puts them right up there with their countrymen Wyrd in that regard.

For most genres, describing something as textbook is like another way of saying it's completely generic, but that's not an argument that can really be applied the same way to pagan black metal, for the above reason. So when I say that Havukruunu play textbook pagan black metal on Kelle Surut Soi, I don't say it to be demeaning, but in admiration that these guys manage to capture this elusive genre so whole-heartedly. Folksy and with plenty of acoustic guitars to be heard right from the opening notes of Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit, yet with never a shortage of black metal riff work, some of it fast and some of it slower, with vocals that move between traditional growling and heathen chanting, results in songs that display a triumphant, epic character. The music feels tailored to celebrate the band's native Finland and its pagan ancestry.

Not being a Finnish speaker, following the lyrics of Kelle Surut Soi is a no go for me, but as with full-on folk metal I only find that to add to the authenticity of the compositions and the atmosphere the music creates. It's certainly not an issue against enjoying the release immensely, as Havukruunu's sound is quick to ensnare the eardrums. Not only is the black metal aspect satisfying and convincingly delivered, but everything else applied to it is tastefully done, especially the acoustic guitars. It results in an album that, even though it passes the fifty minute mark, is very easy to get so engrossed by that you don't notice the time passing at all. I would say that hands down, as few and far between as they are, that Kelle Surut Soi is the best pagan black metal release I've yet come across. This album represents a real lesson in how it should be done!

No HAVUKRUUNU KELLE SURUT SOI reviews posted by members yet.

Private Suite Atmospheric Black Metal