A Drug for All Seasons

Filed under Alternative Metal

1. Faded (3:13)
2. Dissidence (2:32)
3. Fall to Me (3:33)
4. A Drug for All Seasons (2:31)
5. Bleeding (3:25)
6. What I Am (3:48)
7. Dying on the Vine (3:08)
8. Hold Me Down (3:02)
9. Defacing (2:29)
10. X'd Out (2:36)
11. Look You in the Eyes (4:47)
12. Forte Sonata (1:14)

- Dave Small / drums

Cleopatra Records, 2005.

Thanks to rushfan4, Pekka for the updates

F5 MP3, Free Download/Stream

No F5 MP3s available for streaming.

Buy F5 - A DRUG FOR ALL SEASONS music

Drug for All SeasonsDrug for All Seasons
Cleopatra 2012
A Drug for All Seasons by F5A Drug for All Seasons by F5
Deadline Music
Showing 2 items | Cache expiring in 72h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
Showing all 14 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com

More places to buy metal & F5 music

F5 A DRUG FOR ALL SEASONS reviews

F5 were one of many bands that popped up around that transitional period after the nu metal fad had died and everyone was trying to ditch the label and fit in with the "old school" approach that was back in fashion. Or simply put... nu metal bands were now calling themselves "alternative metal".

Still, this is an all-round good effort. They have the contemporary sound nailed perfectly, with enough melody and groove to appeal to fans of modern metal, yet with the guitar chops to please fans of older, riff-based bands. The melodic vocals suit the music perfectly, making for some catchy, inoffensive and totally unashamed metal listening.

While my interest in the band was somewhat piqued by vocalist Dale Steele, whom I was familiar with after his work on Sick Speed's 'The Way I Am' (I won't hold it against you if you've never heard of them), it was mainly bassist David Ellefson, a founding member of Megadeth, who gave this band instant credibility. However, his later return to the band he helped form would pretty much ensure that F5 would forever be nothing more than "that band Ellefson was in while he wasn't a member of Megadeth".

Standout tracks include 'Faded', 'Dissidence', 'Hold Me Down', 'Bleeding', 'Fall to Me', the title track 'A Drug For All Seasons', and an interesting cover of Eddie Brickell & New Bohemians' 'What I Am'. The album itself is fairly short, consisting of twelve tracks with a total duration of 36 minutes, leaving barely any time for any lapses in quality. It rocks from start to finish. Short, simple and effective.
rushfan4
ISN'T F5 THE PAGE REFRESH KEY IN THE FORUMS?

F5 is ex-Megadeth bassist Dave Ellefson's follow-up band after his eviction from Megadeth. The music is heavy, but remains melodic. Vocalist Dale Steele has a great metal name and also a really good metal voice. Although I've always considered myself a Megadeth fan, I've never been a big fan of Dave Mustaine's voice, however, it is his voice that adds a uniqueness to Megadeth that differentiates them from other metal bands for me. Dale Steele's voice is more accessible, but lacks that uniqueness to separate them from other metal bands. This is a good metal album that I enjoy listening to from time to time. I get what I expect to hear from listening to a metal album. Crunching bass and drums, reliable guitar riffs, and a good metal voice to accommodate the underlying music. I would say that the opening track "Faded", the title track "A Drug for All Seasons", "Dying on the Vine" and "Hold Me Down" are the standout tracks on this album. A personal favorite of mine is their cover of the Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians hit "What I Am". It is a somewhat awkward track that is out of place on a metal album, but it is a track where I have always enjoyed the original and I also like F5's interpretation. In my opinion this is a good solid metal album. Not quite as thrashy as Megadeth. Power Metal is probably a good description of this album, but I would also throw in Alternative Metal, as I think these guys would appeal to fans of bands like Soundgarden and Alice in Chains.

No F5 A DRUG FOR ALL SEASONS reviews posted by members yet.

• Zarahuztra