Come My Fanatics...

ELECTRIC WIZARD - Come My Fanatics... cover

Album · 1997

Filed under Doom Metal

1. Return Trip (10:02)
2. Wizard in Black (8:02)
3. Doom-Mantia (8:52)
4. Ivixor B / Phase Inducer (8:45)
5. Son of Nothing (6:32)
6. Solarian 13 (7:59)

- Jus Oborn / Vocals, Guitars, Lyrics
- Tim Bagshaw / Bass
- Mark Greening / Drums

Rise Above Records, January 1997

Reissued in March 1999 as a double CD with the self titled album.

Re-issued in 2006 with 2 bonus tracks:
7.Demon Lung (previously available on the split 7" with Our Haunted Kingdom)
8.Return to the Son of Nothingness

The sample in "Return Trip" is from the film Cannibal Ferox (1981), directed by Umberto Lenzi.

The sample in "Wizard in Black" is from the film Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (1974), directed by Jorge Grau.

The sample in "Son of Nothing" is from the film Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1970), directed by Ted Post.

Thanks to UMUR for the updates

ELECTRIC WIZARD MP3, Free Download/Stream

No ELECTRIC WIZARD MP3s available for streaming.

Buy ELECTRIC WIZARD - COME MY FANATICS... music

Showing all 15 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com
Come My FanaticsCome My Fanatics
Edge J26181 2011
Come My Fanatics: Electric WizardCome My Fanatics: Electric Wizard
Rise Above 2003
Showing 2 items | Cache expiring in 72h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com

More places to buy metal & ELECTRIC WIZARD music

ELECTRIC WIZARD COME MY FANATICS... reviews

"Come My Fanatics..." is the 2nd full-length studio album by UK doom metal act Electric Wizard. The album was released through Rise Above Records in January 1997.

Compared to their 1995 self-titled debut, which featured a doom metal style strongly influenced by especially Cathedral, the music on "Come My Fanatics..." features a much more personal sound. We´re talking filthy, distorted and fuzzy sounding stoner doom metal. Bass heavy enough to blow your speakers if you´re not careful. The pace is slow but the riffs are rythmic and crushingly heavy. So this is not slow "long chord" doom metal. While the debut was a somewhat neutral experience in terms of mood, "Come My Fanatics..." reeks anger and dark emotion. The vocals by Jus Oborn are aggressive and raw/shouting and delivered in a very convincing fashion.

The album opens with "Return Trip" and "Wizard in Black", which are both examples of Electric Wizard when they are best. Those two tracks kick so much ass, that it´s impossible not to bang your head in slow nods while your mouth uncontrollably screams: "Hell Yeahhh...". "Doom-Mantia" continues the heavy attack but in a more psychadelic and repetitive fashion. "Ivixor B / Phase Inducer" opens pretty strong but soon becomes stoned sound noodling and at 8:45 minutes I find this part of the album to be too long unnecessary experimentation. With "Son of Nothing" we´re back to the ultra heavy and fuzzy stoner doom attack of the first two tracks and my lips form a smile again. "Solarian 13", which closes the album, is a jamming type track. Pretty nice ending to a, for the most part, really great album.

While especially "Ivixor B / Phase Inducer" drags my rating down, my overall impression of "Come My Fanatics..." is very positive. The musicianship is strong, the sound production heavy as fuck and momentarily the songwriting is top notch too. A 4 star (80%) rating is fully deserved.
Electric Wizard's sound evolved rapidly between their debut and the magnificent Come My Fanatics, which unleashes some of the heaviest doom metal ever recorded. Aside from Ivixor B/Phase Inducer, which features a mingling of electronic drone metal and Pink Floyd space rock, the order of the day is massive, chunky fuzzed-out riffs that come down on the listener's head like a sledgehammer. Standout track for me has to be Wizard In Black, in which Jus Oborn's vocals turn into a crazed megalomaniac rant as the fuzzed-out guitars and spooky sound effects swirl around him. A classic of 1990s doom metal and one of the heaviest doom metal albums ever.

No ELECTRIC WIZARD COME MY FANATICS... reviews posted by members yet.

• Gi