DAUGHTERS — Canada Songs

Album · 2003

Filed under Mathcore
By DAUGHTERS

1. Fur Beach (00:38)
2. Jones from Indiana (01:05)
3. I Slept with the Daughters and All I Got Was This Lousy Song Written About Me (01:11)
4. And Then the C.H.U.D.S Came (01:24)
5. Mike Morowitz, the Fantasy Fuck (00:34)
6. Nurse, Would You Please Prep the Patient for the Sexual Doctor (01:19)
7. I Don't Give a Shit About Wood, I'm Not a Chemist (01:18)
8. Pants, Meet Shit (00:52)
9. Damn Those Blood Suckers and Their Good Qualities (00:54)
10. The Ghost with the Most (01:53)

2004 reissue:

1. Fur Beach (00:38)
2. Jones from Indiana (01:05)
4. And Then the C.H.U.D.S Came (01:24)
5. Mike Morowitz, the Fantasy Fuck (00:34)
6. Nurse, Would You Please Prep the Patient for the Sexual Doctor (01:19)
7. I Don't Give a Shit About Wood, I'm Not a Chemist (01:18)
8. Pants, Meet Shit (00:52)
9. Damn Those Blood Suckers and Their Good Qualities (00:54)
10. The Ghost with the Most (01:53)
11. Hello Assholes (01:00)
12. Flattery Is a Bunch of Fucking Bullshit (01:35)
13. A Room Full of Hard-ons and Nowhere to Sit Down (00:31)
14. My Stereo Has Mono and So Does My Girlfriend (01:07)

Released 29th July 2003 on Robotic Empire.

Vinyl 12" LP released on Electric Human Project.

CD reissued 2004 on Reflections Records ‎(RFL047) with the 2002 self-titled EP included as bonus tracks.

Thanks to Bosh66 for the addition

Buy DAUGHTERS - CANADA SONGS music

Canada SongsCanada Songs
Robotic Empire 2003
Showing 1 items | Cache expiring in 26h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
Showing all 7 items | *Auction price may increase, data is cached, expiring in 3h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com

More places to buy metal & DAUGHTERS music

DAUGHTERS CANADA SONGS reviews

siLLy puPPy
After the tiny little declaration of existence from the 2002 debut EP that only clocked in under five minutes, the Providence, Rhode Island based DAUGHTERS emerged the following year with their official debut album CANADA SONGS which nearly tripled the playing time of just over 11 minutes long but yet despite the short playing time found the band evolving significantly and packing in as much activity as a warehouse of fireworks exploding in the night’s sky.

It didn’t take much time at all for DAUGHTERS to carve out their own niche in the core arenas of the metal underground. While staunchly retaining their grindcore roots, this band of naughty noise makers pummels through ten tracks at breakneck speed incorporating punk infused core elements with technically laced progressive time signatures run amok with a rather avant-garde process of adding the playful interplay of timbres, tones and tempos with brief moments of psychedelia.

Possibly the mathcore version of Between The Buried And Me, right from the opening track “Fur Beach,” DAUGHTERS carpet bombs the listener with a dizzying array of musical elements tucked away in every blistering guitar riff led cadence that include bizarre mercurial stylistic changes within the technically steeped potpourri. The winning team of Alex Marshall (vocals), Jon Syverson (drums), Pat Masterson (bass) and Jeremy Wabiszczewicz (guitar) display an uncanny instrumental tightness as if they are telepathically connected.

While DAUGHTERS were clearly in the noisecore section of the music store, they were much more as they deftly crafted melodic constructs that unfolded within the context of chaos tantamount to taming a seemingly untamable multiple-alarm fire in a munitions factor that explodes in harmonious and orderly ways. Crazy chaotic guitar swirls coalesce into freaky pseudo-melodies kept staple by oscillating rhythmic stability, atypical no wave atonalities nihilistically creep into the nooks and crannies. Surreal sounds effects ebb and flow unpredictably.

For those who are not familiar with the bombastic origins of DAUGHTERS may be shocked to hear how crazy these early recordings are compared to the more chilled and detached feel of the modern fairly metal-free albums like “You Won’t Get What You Want” sound. This debut is a live wire of excess energy that attacks like a lightning bolt from the sky and you, the listener, are the lightning rod to receive the full electrical shock. This is only for the most hardcore extreme metal addicts out there. Listen with caution but don’t be surprised if you actually start liking this!

No DAUGHTERS CANADA SONGS reviews posted by members yet.

• Bosh66