The Garden of Unearthly Delights

CATHEDRAL - The Garden of Unearthly Delights cover

Album · 2005

Filed under Doom Metal

1. Death AD 2005 (1:00)
2. Tree of Life & Death (4:35)
3. North Berwick Witch Trials (5:58)
4. Upon Azrael's Wings (5:37)
5. Corpsecycle (5:54)
6. Fields of Zagara (1:58)
7. Oro the Manslayer (7:29)
8. Beneath a Funeral Sun (5:20)
9. The Garden (26:58)
10. Proga-Europa (5:58)

- Lee Dorian / vocals, samples
- Gary Jennings / acoustic & electric guitars, percussion
- Brian Dixon / Drums, percussion
- Leo Smee / bass, mellostron, flute, synthesizers, autoharp

Full-length, Nuclear Blast, September 26th, 2005

Digipak edition of this album comes with an apple scented disk that lets off a fragrance from the warmth of the cd player.

The first 5 minutes of track 10 are silence.

Thanks to UMUR for the updates

CATHEDRAL MP3, Free Download/Stream

Buy CATHEDRAL - THE GARDEN OF UNEARTHLY DELIGHTS music

Showing all 13 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com
The Garden Of Unearthly DelightsThe Garden Of Unearthly Delights
Limited Edition · Remastered · Import
METAL MIND 2012

More places to buy metal & CATHEDRAL music

CATHEDRAL THE GARDEN OF UNEARTHLY DELIGHTS reviews

arcane-beautiful
On Good Friday, I seem to have a habit of listening to absolute classic metal albums on Good Friday.

In 2006 it was Opeth's Still Life, the other years are a blur, but 2009 was definitly Cradle Of Filth's Cruelty & The Beast. And this year, I had the pleasure to pick out this album. As you know, all 3 of these albums are in that 161 albums list I made.

This album really is special for Cathedral, and it's not just their best album, it's one of my favourite albums of all time (I forget what number it is, although that list is quite rough).

This album really is a step foward in what Endtyme and The 7th Coming where leading up to. With very doomy moments, very bone crushing guitar tones, this album really does rock you against a wall (some of the riffs on this album really are some of the best I have ever heard.) But underneath it all, it's a very 70's proggy folk album as well. With very experimental moments pulled off extremely well, it really is a journey with no filler, and just enjoyable thrills throughout.

Lyrically the album is also their best, with Lee really telling us stories, instead of playing upon doomy metal stereotypes. The artwork is also very odd and quite surreal, compared to the others (look at the characters on it, their very outworldy)

I reccomend you pick this album up, cause it really is a metal album which NEEDS to be heard. When I think of all the things I love about metal, this album comes to mind.

1. Dearth AD - Nice noisy intro. 9/10

2. Tree Of Life & Death - Lee really is a savage prophet in this song. Great lyrics, and a great chorus. My brothe really loves this song for some odd reason. 10/10

3. North Berwick Witch Trials - The riff in this song really is one of the best I have ever heard. I love how the song is like a story. And Lee's vocals really are quite amazing in this song. 10/10

4. Upon Azrael's Wings - A more experimental song with some interesting changes. Not the strongest, but one of the most interesting. 9/10

5. Corpsecycle - One of my all time favourite Cathedral songs. Great chorus, and it's nice to see Lee really go for quite a melodic style. The guitar riff rules and the lyrics are really great, like one of Lee's best contribtuions, and smartly written (the song is about the absuridty of life really) 10/10

6. Fields Of Zagara - Nice little acoustic instrumental with a great arrangement. 9/10

7. Oro The Manslayer - Ok, the main riff in this song is absolutelt amazing. This is one of the most rocking songs on the album. I love Lee's vocals on this song, he shows some interesting emotions haha. 10/10

8. Beneath A Funeral Sun - Very dark and quite disturbing at times. Especially when the wee kiddies sing that line in the chorus. Great and a very underlooked Cathedral song. 10/10

9. The Garden -WOW!!!! 27 MINUTES!!! This song really is an epic, folky, proggy, doomy, punky, discoey, experimental journey. Split into 9 parts, it really is an epic journey. Some absolute belting riffs, great vocals from Lee and some girl, and just an amazing and mindblowing piece of music. This song always comes on Shuffle when I use my I Pod, and I reguraly keep it on and just be emersed by its awesomeness.

CONCLUSION: This is one of my all time favourite albums...I LOVE THIS ALBUM!!!! That's all I have to say.

ps. I would marry it, it I could....

No CATHEDRAL THE GARDEN OF UNEARTHLY DELIGHTS reviews posted by members yet.

• Warthur