Ok, I do like this band, but I'm not a massive fan of this band...and here's why.
These guys sound is great, it's melodic, heavy, folk influences, and has good discourse between grunts and female vocals...
But, and I'm not being too over critical, just my opinions.
Their grunts are quite weak, they have no real structure to their songs, no real chorus or hooks, and to be honest the songs drone on for ages and don't really go much places, their quite one dimensional at times.
But aside that, this album is decent enough, and it's quite short and doesn't become too overbearing.
1. House Of Heroes - The melodic riffs are amazing. The female vocals are lovely. 9/10
2. Ocean's Elysium - Some kick ass moments. Quite heavy. 8/10
3. Summon The Wolves - Quite interesting. A more symphonic side of the band. 8/10
4.We Are The Legions - A little bit more frantic. Some nice changes throughout. 8/10
5. Into The New World - Love the intro.The keyboard counter-melodies are beautiful. Great vocals. 9/10
6. Longing Horizon - Love the chours. Best song on the album (mainly because it's an actual song). 10/10
7. Mask Of Flies - Quite dark and moody. 7/10
8. The Cloak & The Dagger - A wee bit bland and way too much like the rest of the album. Filler alter. 5/10
9. Beneath The Waves - Some nice riffs throughout. 7/10
CONCLUSION: Maybe I just don't get them, but you might...