My Angel

- Marius / bass, vocals
- Steinar / guitar, keyboards
- Ian / drums

1991: Putrefaction Records
7" EP. 1100 copies, in yellow and blue cover.

Thanks to Vehemency, UMUR for the updates

ARCTURUS MP3, Free Download/Stream

Buy ARCTURUS - MY ANGEL music

Showing all 4 items | *Auction price may increase, data is cached, expiring in 21h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com
Aspera hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My AngelAspera hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel
Candlelight 2003

More places to buy metal & ARCTURUS music

ARCTURUS MY ANGEL reviews

"My Angel" is the first official release by Norwegian symphonic black metal act Arcturus after they changed their name from Mortem. "My Angel" is a two-song, 12:22 minute long vinyl EP. It was released on Putrefaction Records in 1991. The EP was in 2000 re-released by Spikefarm Records as part of a compilation called "True Kings of Norway" along with early EPs by four other Norwegian black metal bands (Emperor, Immortal, Dimmu Borgir and Ancient). The EP is also included on the Arcturus compilation album "Aspera Hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel (2002)" which was released by Candlelight Records. The lineup for this EP consisted of Marius Vold (vocals, Bass), Steiner Sverd Johnsen (Keyboards, Guitars) and Hellhammer (Drums).

The music is not yet in the symphonic black metal style that Arcturus is mostly known for but more in a slow and repetitive death metal style. The keyboards provide the music with an almost horror movie like quality at times. The title track features some goth elements too. The vocals on the EP are growls.

The musicianship is allright. Nothing special but not bad either. The production is a bit murky but again it´s not bad.

"My Angel" is probably mostly of interest to the hardcore fans of the band but it is also an interesting insight into what happened on the early Norwegian black metal scene of the nineties. I find it more of a curiosity than anything though and a 2 star rating is warranted.

1967/ 1976
Related to Black Metal (but with true Black Metal songs) Arcturus is another good Norway Metal band. "My Angel" is the last Ep of "True King Of Norway" and for me a good Ep for a Norway Extreme way of metal. Also if not please me.

Melodic music with good growls, too invadent industrial synth riff is "My Angel", a sort of Doom Black Metal a la Black Sabbath or Black Widow. "Morax" is another Doom Black Metal with atrocious drums and industrial guitar and synth riffs! The growls are Hypnotic. All this in a good song, I note.

"My Angel" is a strange Ep, after all. Only for die hard Blacksters!

• progpostman