ANDROMEDA — Playing Off the Board

Live album · 2007

1. Intro (1:08)
2. Periscope (6:14)
3. Mirages (6:25)
4. In the Deepest of Waters (7:32)
5. Two Is One (10:45)
6. The Hidden Riddle (5:59)
7. Inner Circle (8:11)
8. Eclipse (7:51)
9. In the End (5:12)
10. Encyclopedia (8:03)
11. Reaching Deep Within (5:40)
12. The Words Unspoken (5:55)

DVD:

- Martin Hedin / keyboards
- Johan Reinholdz / guitars
- Thomas Lejon / drums
- Fabian Gustavsson / bass

Information missing - contribute to MMA, by filling this information using the left menu member zone link "Edit album infos". This function is only available to MMA Collabs.

Thanks to colt for the updates

Buy ANDROMEDA - PLAYING OFF THE BOARD music

Playing Off The Board (Ltd. Edition)Playing Off The Board (Ltd. Edition)
Limited Edition
METAL MIN2 2009
Andromeda: Playing Off the BoardAndromeda: Playing Off the Board
Mvd (Generic) 2007
Showing 2 items | Cache expiring in 4h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
Showing all 8 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com

More places to buy metal & ANDROMEDA music

ANDROMEDA PLAYING OFF THE BOARD reviews

‘Playing Off the Board’, released in 2009, is a live album by Swedish progressive metal band Andromeda. Like many similar bands, Andromeda are not very widely known, and as such, don’t tour very often. So the fact a live recording of such high quality was done at all, is incredible.

Like many prog metal groups, it’s pretty much a prerequisite of the genre that everyone needs to be an absolute virtuoso on their respective instruments, and Andromeda are no exception. The set list, which features all the major tracks from their first three albums, is played immaculately, with each member being given ample opportunities to truly shine and display their technical prowess.

The production is of a high quality too! This literally could pass for any of their studio albums, if not for the few nuances and slight alterations made to the odd solo or two. However, there is one major detriment to this album, and when it comes to live recordings, I didn’t know how much I’d appreciated this until it wasn’t there.

This is not an Andromeda audience.

The DVD of ‘Playing...’ is absolutely beautiful. The auditorium looks fantastic, with its huge stage, incredible camera angles, seated fans with empty seats dotted around everywhere... this feels like it was some kind of showcase, or maybe part of an all-day event where Andromeda had a slot and some unfortunate souls were wrangled into watching a band they’d never heard of (to be fair, the band is awesome, so shut up and stop complaining!). The crowd, which sounds like it’s about twenty people, don’t react excitedly to any song, and applause to the endings with the enthusiasm of an escalator. It’s obvious nobody here really knows who Andromeda are, and it’s a huge shame, because it’s the only real complaint I have with this album, but it makes a much bigger difference than I thought it would.

With hits such as ‘The Words Unspoken’, ‘Periscope’, ‘Two is One’ and ‘Inner Circle’, this is still a decent live album, and these guys are absolutely phenomenal musicians, but the audiences lack of enthusiasm kills it for me. It’s a decent enough album though, but I’d highly recommend the DVD instead.

No ANDROMEDA PLAYING OFF THE BOARD reviews posted by members yet.

• theaterd

Cold State Metalcore
OAKHEART
Born Again Alternative Metal
FARMER BOYS

FARMER BOYS - Revolt (OFFICIAL VIDEO)
FARMER BOYS