Imaginary Friends

Album · 2001

Filed under Metal Related

1. Take It Easy (4:27)
2. Hippest Flop (4:48)
3. A Supposed Tour (4:41)
4. Biggest Mistake (7:49)
5. Imaginary Friends (5:50)
6. She/Male (4:47)
7. Relationships:
- a. At The Altar (0:38)
- b. Svetlana (3:42)
- c. No Perspective (1:06)
- d. Second Thoughts (0:54)
- e. Mr. Unfaithful (7:04)
- f. Gamophobia (0:46)
- g. Little Beauty (4:18)
- h. And They Lived Happily Ever After (7:23)
Bonus tracks on Special Edition
Mouse In A Maze (5:32)

- Jerry Sahlin / synthesizers, vocals, backing vocals, vocoder; synthetic drums (7e)
- Ola Andersson / electric and acoustic guitar, backing vocals
- Peter Asp / bass, backing vocals
- Herman Saming / lead vocals, backing vocals, silent trumpet
- Tomas Erlandsson / drums, percussion, backing vocals; lead vocals and keyboards (7h)

Release date: March 23, 2001
Label: MTM Music 0681-31

Special Edition released though InsideOut Music (2007)

Thanks to dtguitarfan for the addition and progshine for the updates

A.C.T MP3, Free Download/Stream

No A.C.T MP3s available for streaming.

Buy A.C.T - IMAGINARY FRIENDS music

No release results found : showing artist results instead
Last EpicLast Epic
Atenzia Records 2004
Showing all 5 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com

More places to buy metal & A.C.T music

A.C.T IMAGINARY FRIENDS reviews

The Crow
After the wonderful debut "Today's Report", A.C.T managed to release a very worthy successor.

"Imaginary Friends" is not a departure in style from "Today's Report", and it doesn'st really surpases it in terms of quality. Maybe the main difference, is that "Imaginary Friends" is even more accesible than the band's debut album. Take it Easy is a very catchy song, with a dynamic chorus; She/Male is very funny, similar to Cat Eyes of the previous album; Biggest Mistake is the best track of the album, with a wonderful chorus and ending part, although the song is very reminiscent to Saga... The epic Relationships is also very good, maybe better than the epic Personalities in "Today's Report". So this collection of easy to listen but still complex tracks are maybe perfect for a band's newcomer.

The sound of the band here follow the path of the first album, being a curious mixture of Queen, Saga, Dream Theater, jazz, cabaret. But finally getting a coherent and catchy result. The range of influences is not so high in this second offering, but it's still huge.

Talking about the musicians, the Ola Andersson's guitars are marvellous again. This man has a great style (on Svetlana he rocks!), with a wide range of abbilities, and wonderful sound. The another pilar of A.C.T's distinctive sound are the Jerry Sahlin's keyboards, they give a fundamental part of the band's eclectic prog. The rest of the guys they also play in a great level.

Best tracks: Take it Easy (an A.C.T's trademark song...), Biggest Mistake (the most catchy and emotional song of the album, although it's almost a copy of some Saga classics...) and the epic Relationships (specially Svetlana and Mr. Unfaithful).

Conclusion: "Imaginary Friends" is not better than "Today's Report"... In my opinion, it's even under the the band's debut. Nevertheless, it has more accesible tracks and a great epic, being a worthy purchase both for newcomers and A.C.T's "aficionados".

My rating: ****

This review was originally written por ProgArchives.com
progshine
What makes me like A.C.T so much is their unique blending of styles.

Since I listened to their debut Today's Report, I've payed more and more attention, cause they're Progressive Metal, but they aren't, they're AOR, but they aren't, they're are classic Prog Rock, but they aren't.

THAT makes them interesting, you can see a heavy riff AND a violin, like in 'A Supposed Tour'. You have all these pop melodies all around, and Herman Saming vocals are unique!

I guess they have a unique sound in general, I, at least, don't know any other band that looks like them!

It's good to see they are recording a new album right now as I'm writting this little review.

No A.C.T IMAGINARY FRIENDS reviews posted by members yet.

• theaterd