URL: http://www.MetalMusicArchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10437
Printed Date: 19 May 2024 at 12:07am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.16 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Gulty pleasures!
Posted By: LittleBig
Subject: Gulty pleasures!
Date Posted: 06 May 2015 at 11:51am
I did a search to see if there is such a topic and I got no results LOL
Anyway, I believe everyone has some (musical obviously) guilty pleasures, if not, then I am the only guilty one LOL

Here are a few:

Toto
Foreigner
A-ha
Depeche Mode
Ultravox
U2
Bon Jovi (they've good a lot of good songs, some uninspired and cheesy ones as well)
Journey (starting 1978, because before that they were a prog band)
Night Ranger
Survivor
Duran Duran (same situation as BJ)
Dido

that's enough for now, I'll be back with some more guilty pleasures bands/albums and I'm looking forward to your guilty pleasures and comments.

Replies:
Posted By: Unitron
Date Posted: 06 May 2015 at 12:17pm
I don't feel guilty for much of any of the music I listen to, except maybe this piece of stupid...

It's so stupid, but I love it LOL

-------------
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme

Posted By: vmoore
Date Posted: 06 May 2015 at 12:28pm
[QUOTE=Unitron]I don't feel guilty for much of any of the music I listen to, except maybe this piece of stupid...

It's so stupid, but I love it LOL
[/QUOTEplayed qbout 2 mins of that and it was some of the most random shit ever lol

-------------

Date Posted: 06 May 2015 at 12:34pm
^Yup, that it is. I can't think of much else weirder LOL

-------------

Posted By: Balthamel
Date Posted: 06 May 2015 at 5:53pm
Toto is not a guilty pleassure to me, bit a real great

Nik Kershaws two first albums are my guilty pleassure and some Chicago and Elton John 80s tracks

-------------

Date Posted: 06 May 2015 at 5:59pm
Oh, I forgot one that will probably make a lot of people go 'Huh?'

King Crimson, because I always feel guilty liking some of their songs because of how much I hate Robert Fripp. I mean come on, Lars is a better man in the music industry then Fripp is. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 06 May 2015 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Balthamel Balthamel wrote:

Toto is not a guilty pleassure to me, bit a real great

Nik Kershaws two first albums are my guilty pleassure and some Chicago and Elton John 80s tracks

I like Toto a lot, but i got laughed at for saying I liked them; and some other artists I've mentioned, too.

"Guilty pleasure" is an oxymoron, anything one likes but doesn't brag about it. It's an expression people take too seriously.
I like some fast food every once in a while, I know it's not that good for me, but I sometimes like the taste. Same thing with the bands in my list - I sometimes listen to and enjoy it a lot. Wink I exaggerate a bit, but you know what I mean.

Posted By: Vic
Date Posted: 07 May 2015 at 8:35am
I am not ashamed of anything I enjoy, be it pop or teen pop or whatever hideous thing the music business has spewed out. If I like it, I like it. That being said, I will contribute to the thread.

I love the first Rhapsody album. I really like the first Hammerfall album. They are both very good albums but I cannot stand either band after their 2nd album, which was already straining it. There are few things that I hate more than slick, expensive, modern eurovision-style cheese in my METAL. It really brings out the 13 year old thrasher in me (the one who had a vitriolic thing to say about almost everyone, you know).

But the prize for guilty pleasure of the century goes to this:

You just need to see the clip to understand why and I cannot defend this hilarious little thing but there is a comment somewhere in there that sums it up:

First time listening - lol wtf is this bullshit Second time listening - this is some silly stuff Third time listening - i actually kinda like the guitars Fourth time listening - awesome song! Fifth time listening - SHE'S A BLACK NINJAAAAAAA 

Granted, I still lol with the video and lyrics.

-------------

Posted By: Balthamel
Date Posted: 07 May 2015 at 5:27pm
Whos job did Nik Kershaw try to replace, in a famous legendary proto metal band, and which band am I refarin to?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:41am
I've been listening to some Diary of Dreams lately and this catchy song got stuck in my head.

Posted By: ProgMetaller2112
Date Posted: 29 May 2015 at 4:31am
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

King Crimson, because I always feel guilty liking some of their songs because of how much I hate Robert Fripp. I mean come on, Lars is a better man in the music industry then Fripp is. LOL

LOL

-------------
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris

Posted By: aglasshouse
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2015 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

+1 x 100

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk