MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Mastodon

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 31 May 2010 at 7:50pm By Balthamel
I have all the four studio albums which Mastodon have produced, my likings for them seems almoust to border an oppsetion/addicted. I can' stop listening to them and I have trouble finding other metal bands giving me the feeling i get from listening to Mastodon, not even Opeth whom i also have lots of CDs from.

I feel the huge elephant have more layers then most metal band I know of i am for now not verry keane on epic power metal (that might change ) but Mastodon gives me the same feeling of epic fantasy without beeing totaly chees and soap. they are epic, adventerous without loosing any (escuse my language) b**ls. (sure im not ditching power metal totaly but my tolarence for operatic vocals are low, their must be some depth, contrasts, colours/neuances) and that do Mastodon have tenfolds off

I personly have created my own little thing regarding this band (not a religion i, not mad Only oppsesst Clown) but I'm a fan which strongly things this band are the Yin and Yang of my soul. they forfill my desiere (I can be as cliche as any ) for broutal music but not in that degree I disgard other metal acts.
but i will indulge finding more doom, sludge, metalcore, and epic metal with depth

but I some how feel Mastodon use so much more of the colour pallet to make their music, their sound, style, albums overal concepts, atmosphere, mystique, comersiall sucess with brains and attitiud who knows which ingrediences you can make a good stew out off.

Remission
Leviathan
Blood Mountan
Crack the Skey
are equaly good and gieves you different adventures, emotions and greatnes.

(I predict an album in 2012 goodbye old world)

Edited by Balthamel - 31 May 2010 at 7:56pm

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.