MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Death Metal Kill Zone

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 9:51pm By MAVIIIVAM
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

Meh.  Sam Dunn isn't the most credible person in the world on this topic, and a good amount of his stuff is hard to take seriously.

Willy -

I agree that there are "majors" missing from many of his Docs (except Flight 666 and Rush) that are
almost inexcusable BUT! The man has been able to get a wider audience to learn of the Metal genres
we love, he's able to get wide releases which only expand. And get a lot of publicity (even though
UMUR doesnt know who Sam Dunn is LOL ). 
Now (Sam). . . he's defying "VH1" by going with and talking about the Extreme Metal side, possibly
expelling its "cliche's" as well (I mentioned this to him at his FB page).
There have been a few Docs dealing with Thrash and Death Metal, but have had little or no impact
on getting a wide theatrical release, only on YOUtube or straight to video, at-least Sam Dunn has a 
good eye in editing, asking good questions and being professional and having classy product.

Note: I learned of VH1's "wimpyness" via-one of the guys from "That Metal Show" on their FB page.
I asked point blank "Why dont we hear about more NEW Metal bands and the extreme bands (from
Prog Metal, Thrash, Black and Death Metal")? Also, some other "details" that make it a harder sell.
These were answered by another fan along the same lines of my question, here was TMS's reply . . .

"Death/Black Metal has been an area that has been brought up time & time again. Eddie is on record stating he's not a fan of the genre and the channel makes all final decisions when it comes to the show anyway.
You should write VH1 Classic directly then and tell them to think about a Death/Black/Speed metal segment.The DJ on the show is a huge fan of all of that."

"VH1 writes the segments and approves the content of the show".
Also its logistics for Euro/South American bands, Guests are not paid and have to be interested in an
invite and make their way to the show and ravailable for tapings of the show. . . so that leaves the Underground scene "underground".

Again,
Metalheads need to be pro-active instead of just saying "MEEEEETAL DOOOOD!!!" Tongue, we need to
get involved if Metal is to be heard.
I'm a Death Metal fan and I care, I'd like to see these Bands get credit and "make a living" at what they
do, that takes more exposure while keeping it brutal.

\m/

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 27 Sep 2012 at 11:24pm

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.051 seconds.