MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - What is up with King's X?

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 1:45am By MAVIIIVAM
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I only have one album and it never did much for me ( is it called Black Sunday or something like that?). I too have wondered why they have the "Classic" status stamped on them. A fan might be able to give us some recommendations to clear things up.

Man . . .
Its been awhile to be here, how did I miss this thread Confused?

Hey fellow Kings Xers Big smile

First, they got a little appreciation here Wink:
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=799&title=kings-x-appreciation-thread
So some here have made comments at that thread, hopefully we can spread the good word.
Ha! Seems I'm the LAST on to post there Cry I hope I'm not a "Thread Killer" here too Embarrassed!

The 3 guys seem like very likable people, so I would imagine anyone working with them-find them alot of
fun to play with (side projects etc.). So I would guess they have garnered a lot of respect from their peers.
I was amazed seeing Pearl Jam, for the 1st time when they were the musical guests on Saturday Night Live
(An American Comedy Skit Show) for the 1st time and the Bassist was wearing a "Faith Hope Love/Kings X"
shirt Big smile and Paul Schafers Band (The CBS Orchestra) on Late Night with David Letterman play the
difficult "We were Born to be Loved" on Commercial breaks on a regular basis!

"Black like Sunday", "Manic Moonlight" and "Welcome Home Mr. Bulbus" are the 3 I couldnt get into but
MM's "Believe" is super funky and got a great groove, WHMB gets a bit Avant Garde believe it or not-so its
a bit experimental for them Cool.  "Fishbowl man" is a bit wackey but quite good.
I need to give these 3 another chance.

If I had to recommend the "sequence" of Albums . . .
1. Out of the Silent Planet
2. Gretchen Goes to Nebraska
3. Faith Hope Love
4. Kings X (I have NEVER heard "Black Flag" on LA Radio . . . EVER! Tongue  I guess I'm glad because I love
that song).
5. Dogman
6. Ear Candy
7. Tape Head
9. Ogre Tones
10. XV
I think if you go by that sequence, you'll understand where they are going Wink.

. . . I say the rest of my 2� at the Appreciation Thread.  And a new "Jelly Jam" album is on its way Clap.
And I bought The Special Edition of "Live Love in London" DVD as a Christmas Gift for me Big smile.

Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King's_X

". . . If you really do believe, then dont forget to pray for me!" Approve

"Its Love" on The Dennis Miller Show! (Circa 1990-91):

Can you name the "Beatles" song at the end? Big smile

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 27 Jan 2011 at 2:05am

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.