Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [16.67%]
5 [83.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Volbeat vs Clutch
    Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 5:54am
I just wanna see the result since Volbeat are here and  Clutch is not

they can be compared with that the vocalists sings in similar fassion and the guitar riffs are also somehow related, rooted in blues, roots, and southern rock.

Cluch is more psychadelic and experimental, Volbeat well hmm a bit more redneck I would say is a proper way to describe them. they aplay to the most rednecked followers (atleast in Norway), people in Norway who ideolis the southerner rock/metal scene of Lynyrd Skynyrd, ZZ Top and hard rock'n'roll bands like AC/DC and Mot�rhead also likes Volbeat. for its groovy riffs, Elvis vocals and stumping drums. sweaty music for sweaty people (nothing wrong with being sweaty though Tongue)

Clutch atracts also some of that in their crowds, but to me they sound more refined and experimental and out there (in a good way), and they can also put it hard and heavy not so unsimilar to Kings X, it is layerd, groovy and sugurating. and are respected by bands like Mastodon, Killswitch Engage and Lamb of God

Edited by Balthamel - 27 Apr 2011 at 5:56am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 8:15am
I liked the first Volbeat album, but generally I think their songs sound too much the same and there are too few highlights on their albums ( or too many fillers if you will). Clutch has been through quite a few phases in their career and always try to evolve. I like Clutch. Especially "Blast Tyrant". They get my vote.

...and yes I think Clutch should be included in the alternative sub at some point.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 8:18am
I'd support inclusion of Clutch, too, and wouldn't protest if they were added now ;-)
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 9:04am
Clutch!
Inexistence is the true normality.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 12:32pm
never cared for volbeat. clutch is my 4th favorite band. i grew up listening to clutch. my mom would always play them in the car. that's 1 reason why i love them. another is because of their such consistent discography where most of their albums are 5/5 for me and their only shitty album is their 1irst album because it's the beginning before they found their sound.they can't make a bad album

Edited by vmoore - 12 Mar 2013 at 12:35pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 2:24pm
I actually like that first Clutch album for what it is...a good hardcore album...
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 6:02pm
^That is your opinion. i don't like hardcore. i only like 2 tracks off of the first clutch album. a shogun named Marcus and 12 ounce epilogue mainly because thats a kick ass song, it has the lyric coca cola and Armageddon and that song sounds just like what they would go do on their second album 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic