The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 94>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 7:35pm
I've played for around 4-5 hours so far, and it's been awesome. Unsurprisingly, I've done very little of the main quest so far: The instant I was given freedom, I decided to take on a contract, which led me to the far western edge of the new map (it's absolutely huge for a DLC, btw,) where I've mostly been seeking out ?s, but between those and just randomly running through towns, I've triggered a bunch of little side quests, which have all been very good. They certainly weren't kidding when they said this thing has enough content to be a full game on its own.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 5:19am
I've played about four hours of Blood and Wine so far and loving it. Played the main quest for a little while and have just branched off onto my first side quest, which has proved quite major so far. Taking a little break and will go back later. Don't feel as if I've barely scratched what the new region has to offer yet. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 1:59pm
One thing I have noticed though: the game is loading much faster for me after this update. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 1:44pm
Exp glitch is weird but sorts itself out once you gain a few points. I had it too. Just go kill something. Maybe it has something to do with the max level cap changing? Saw something similar when using a mod that did the same thing that I installed wrong. 

I haven't noticed anything wrong with my play time, but I track via Steam and don't really pay attention to what the save says. Will have a look out of curiosity in a moment. 

One glitch I did have which I've had before is that some of my graphics settings were changed, so I had to reset those to restore my balance between quality and performance for my PC, which seems to be about the same as before. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 1:37pm
I loaded it up quickly to see what it was like after the patch and noticed a couple weird glitches: My character was at level 38 with 2000/2000 XP, which is apparently a common glitch people are having now, and also the game claims my Geralt that cleared the main quest and went all the way through Hearts of Stone has only been around for 7 hours and 45 minutes. I think that's just a little bit off Wink Actually, I got that glitch on an earlier patch, where my time went from 2 days and something to 1 day and something, so I was never able to record an accurate play time on my videogame list on RYM. One good thing I noticed, was that the manual drawing/sheathing of swords was working and is very convenient.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 30 May 2016 at 1:38pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 12:25pm
Just finished Far Harbour again, and got the peaceful ending this time: all factions existing in peace, though it took a couple of questionable actions to get there. 

Also just noticed that Blood and Wine does indeed unlock for me in about five hours now. I forgot that Steam changed their unlock time at some point, it always used to be that I had to wait until about 6PM on the release day. May leave it installing overnight so it's ready and waiting. Hopefully more of my mods will be updated by then as well. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 11:04am
It's not really that, it's just their engine seems incapable of having mods still work when the version updates, which is strange. Uninstalled them all now and the game works fine, though the interface overhaul will take some getting used to. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 10:57am
Yeah, CD Projeckt Red are absolutely terrible when it comes to making their games actually work. Which sucks, because the game itself is great. I'm about to download my patch, so wish me luck. Assuming all goes well, Blood and Wine unlocks for me at around 7 tonight (already pre-loaded and ready to go,) and I'll be starting around 11.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 8:07am
New Witcher patch went live today.

Game broken. Probably because of mods but I've been tinkering with it for ages now and still can't get it to even start let alone play. 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 3:13pm
Been playing Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal lately, and it's becoming one of the most fun action-platformers I've played so far. I love how you can upgrade all the weapons and have such an extensive choice of weapons.  
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 3:26am
lol sounds like you had an even more disasterous ending than I did! Though it does sound like it was what you were going for.

Mine felt like a failure because my character is always trying to help everyone, but I ended up with an ending where the only way to complete the game was to either set off the nuke or destroy Far Harbour. 

It all went wrong when confronting Dima about Avery. I initially selected an option about moving forward after what he'd done, but Nick suddenly chimed in with a negative comment, so I changed tack and persuaded Dima to confess what he'd done. Which led to his execution, though my good deeds for Far Harbour also persuaded them to not attack Acadia. However this upset Nick as I previously persuaded him to give Dima a chance. 

So unless I wanted to destroy Far Harbour (which would have been even more out of character), I had to set off the nuke, though I did it my persuading Tektus to allow it rather than just turning the key and running. However this angered Avery and asked me to leave no matter how I justified it. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 10:23pm
I  finally got it, thanks for the help. I also ended up finishing the main quest tonight, though I'll probably go back at some point to do more exploration, and somewhere way down the road I'll play through the game with my non idiot character so I can do a more serious playthrough of the DLC.

Major spoilers below, for people who intend to play Far Harbor:

So basically, I'd describe my playthrough as a comedy of chaos. My character is a total idiot (I started with 1 int and 10 strength) so right from the start I knew I had to align myself with Far Harbor because of how stupid Allen comes across and this became even more obvious when I saw that the other two factions were both reasonable and had logical explanations for what they do, in their own twisted ways. 

What I ended up doing was as soon I discovered the nuclear launch key, I went straight to the Nucleus and nuked it, which led to a crazy sequence where everyone there turned hostile and I had limited time to escape before it blew up. Both of the remaining factions disapproved and Nick disapproved (I'm probably on his bad side after this DLC, lol) except Allen was extremely happy. Then, I told Allen about Avery being a synth, which after getting the proof for it, led to him shooting her, Brookes somehow got caught in the fight and died as well, and then I joined Allen and the harbormen in an attack to wipe out everyone in Acadia, including Kasumi. So pretty much, I went with the nuclear option and it was really crazy and stupid, but it made sense for how I've been playing this character. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 2:29am
I'll post the full solution, it's up to you how much you read.

Okay from where you start the bugs are actually real close to where they need to go. The thing is you have to direct the beam throughout the whole room in order to get it to that last firewall. 

The trick here to remember is, store any blocks you find in the workshop; you're going to need a lot to just get around the room yourself. 

From the start, cross over into the middle area. Grab all the blocks you can including those that can be taken from the walls. You especially want the one to the left of where you crossed over from. Direct the beam through the hole you can over to the next platform. 

Build another bridge over that way. Now, I think it's recommendable at this point to, from your current position, build another bridge to the left, facing back towards the way you started, and grab the excess blocks from the platform in that corner. Once you have them return to the previous platform, reclaiming your bridge as you go. There are also several blocks on this platform that you can grab. Direct the beam towards the next firewall by adjusting the height of the central pillars and then build yourself a bridge. 

You're now wanting to direct the beam all the way to the right so it lines up with the long redirection thing. You'll have to cross to the top middle platform and clear some blocks. Providing you've done everything right up until this point, the beam should reach it's target and redirect in such a way that it's now changed to vertical. 

You now have to go back to where you started this area.

Once there, face the middle platform. You want to cross to the right from here. If I recall there is a redirection block just waiting to be grabbed. Take it and make your way over to the beam. The trick here is to first destroy the high firewall by aiming the beam up high using the redirection block. Once it's gone cross over and grab it and then go and reclaim the last redirection you used. You can't leave it there this time as you need the beam a bit lower to hit the target on the final firewall. Once you've cleared the way so the beam is unobstructed, make your way as low as you can on this side and block the beam's path until you can redirect it through the gap in the blocks. You want the beam to be only just above the highest block in the gap. Once it's through it's only a matter of using one redirection block to send the beam over the to right of you towards where you started, and then the last one to hit the last firewall. If you got the height rights it should be, if I recall, three blocks up from the 'ground'.

Hope that makes sense. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 1:51am
I could use some tips for what to do at the beginning of it, at least. I already figured I had to use blocks to build a bridge north to the first relay block, but I couldn't figure out what to do next: I tried aiming for two barrier targets but was off on both and couldn't get the block into a better position for either one.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 1:07am
Yeah I briefly tried the game with my controller once just to see how it handled and found it really bad, especially with the settlement system. 

The fifth puzzle gave me trouble as well but it's actually mostly linear. I can tell you the solution if you like, I've done it twice now. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 10:29pm
I managed to get the fourth puzzle without too much difficulty, though the fifth one looks absolutely insane. I'll give it a go, but I don't expect to be able to solve it, considering I took one look at it and couldn't come up with any ideas on how to get even one target with the relay block. 

I also feel the puzzles were clearly designed for mouse, so that makes playing on console a real drag: Trying to turn the relay blocks around with a controller is painfully frustrating to do, and even trying to get the blocks in the right position can be extremely annoying, so that's also bringing it down for me.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 5:53pm
A word of warning - puzzle 4 is required to unlock further dialogue with Nick (if he is with you) and not doing it will mean you miss a revelation about his back story. And puzzle 5 unlocks the best non-power armour in the game. Both are worth doing. 

Just remember that the trick with the later puzzles is that you can't expect to be able to place things and then just leave them there: especially the re-direction cubes need to be moved in order to get the beam where it needs to go. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 5:42pm
Well, I managed to clear the three mandatory puzzles. It wasn't too bad once I knew how it worked, but I still don't plan on doing the other two, because the fourth one looked confusing and I'd prefer to avoid puzzles altogether if I can.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 4:07pm
Okay, I figured out the redirect part and got that done, but the bugs I had no clue what to do with. I wish the game would have given me some kind of indication, because as is I literally would not have ever figured it out my own.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 3:53pm
I think maybe they were trying to do something different.

Just make sure that you have a solid path for those little bug things to walk along and place your turrets as evenly as you can. Aim the beam of light using the direction cube (you'll see it has an arrow pointing in the direction you'll send the beam) so it hits the marked block on firewalls. Do all that and then just sit back a moment and let the bugs and turrets do their job. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 94>
  Share Topic