Recently Watched Films

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 257>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 5:37am

Based on actual events, this black and white neo-noir is brilliantly chilling, especially in its final scene. 

Not the most compellingly executed film, but intriguing enough to keep going with and I didn't see the plot twist coming a mile off, having fallen for the more obvious red herring it presented. Not a re-watcher, but was worth a look.

I guess it's a bit more hit than miss as far as the endless Halloween sequels go. 

This other Jamie Lee Curtis outing though, rather meh to me. 

Not bad, but also not a re-watcher. 

A poor third part of a very mixed trilogy.

I've wanted to see this one for a while, but it just hasn't been available to watch anywhere. It didn't let me down. If there's an actor who can do batshit insane better than Nic Cage I'd like to know who it is. 

Not Eastwood's most compelling work. I did like it but it's non-essential. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 2:17am

It seems that the audience and cast alike hated this movie. So I had to watch it to see if it was as bad as I'd heard. And to be honest, I'm really not sure, because other than Donkey Kong, I know fuck all about Mario games anyway. It seems to have a very dedicated cult following now though.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 12:56am

AKA Death of a Fuckin' Salesman, according to the cast. And it's one hell of a cast. There's no complicated plot or anything, but it's something that just reels you in and you have to keep watching.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 4:11am

Trashy exploitation flick, but that's what Russ Meyer was known for.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 2:06am

Not seen this in a lot of years. It turns out David Niven thought he'd be the star here, but this is the movie where the wider world discovered the genius of Peter Sellers. It doesn't matter if you ARE David Niven, you're not going to upstage Sellers.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 5:17am

Basically an excuse to stick Raquel Welch in a furry bikini. There's some great Ray Harryhausen visual effects, but fuck me, this is awful! I just can't be doing with dinosaurs and humans together unless it's Jurassic Park or The Flintstones.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 5:14am
I've also over the last few days re-watched, thanks to picking up the latest boxset, The Conjuring Universe which including The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It for the first time.

While it's fair to say that the first one of these remains the best and that they definitely didn't need to make three Annabelle films, I think that overall this is is actually an underrated franchise. Multiple movies of the saga have been shit on from a great height by fans and critics alike, which does not seem deserved given the sheer amount of actual stinkers the horror genre produces. The latest main film in particular has been called out as being really bad yet to me it is leaps and bounds ahead of the average standard for the genre, which also offering a fresher take after the haunted houses of the first two. An easy four stars at minimum. And The Nun may just be the most underrated horror film of the last ten years. That movie oozes a dark atmosphere that even the rest of its franchise doesn't hold a candle to. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 4:56am
Okay, I think it's going to be too much now to keep up with all my re-watches, since I'm mostly just enjoying my existing movie collection right now, so I'm only going to post newly watched films and pick and choose from re-watches to write about.

This is possibly the craziest movie I've ever seen. After watching this, I believe that Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness should be forced to be renamed as Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Normality. 

Japanese Yakuza noir. I'm not very satisfied with how it wrapped up, but it was compelling and stylish otherwise. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 10:09pm

I'm somewhere in the middle on this one. It's definitely not the worst MCU movie of all time (Eternals and especially the two Ant-Man movies are worse than this LOL), but this was definitely my least favorite Thor movie, by quite a bit. Gorr was a great villain, and I actually think the more dramatic scenes were generally quite good. Sadly, this may be the most tonally dissonant movie I've seen since The Last Jedi, with the dark scenes feeling like they come from an entirely different movie from whatever the fuck cringey comedy that breaks out in between all the serious parts. I found Ragnarok funny outside of a few annoying parts, where this one feels like it removes anything remotely funny and instead takes the annoying crap and dials it up to 1000. Almost as bad as Ant-Man levels of comedy at points, especially those damn goats Dead

Edited by DippoMagoo - 12 Sep 2022 at 10:13pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 2:32am

Ya try not to give away spoilers, but when the best scene of the whole movie is on the promo poster... Anyway Jan Michael Vincent is in fine form here, and Slim Pickens isn't bad either. It's not particularly original or groundbreaking, but there's some cool trucking scenes.

Edited by Vim Fuego - 11 Sep 2022 at 2:33am
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 12:49am

I found this a bit of a yawn, but it has it's moments.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 8:24pm

One of my favourite stand-ups. I've seen almost all of this in clips on YouTube.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 3:23am

So glad I didn't have to do what these guys did. It doesn't gloss over the horrors of war, and bombing in particular, but at the same time puts it in a context - it was young people doing what they had to do stuck in a bastard of a situation.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 4:51pm

OK, gotta admit I only watched this because Peter Griffin keeps kicking things and saying "Road House", and I wanted to see why. It's a pretty basic goodies vs baddies movie, but it's got some great fight scenes all through it, and Jeff Buckley appears several times. It's not high art, but I can see why it's a cult classic. 

Best line: "A polar bear fell on me".

Edited by Vim Fuego - 09 Sep 2022 at 4:52pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 7:34am
I have a bunch of re-watches to post here, but for now, just posting on a first time viewing:

I think I watched a different movie to what most people saw when they went to see Thor: Love and Thunder. Because I was told this was bad. Like, really bad come back The Dark World all is forgiven bad. 

I wouldn't say it's better than Ragnarok, which is a contender for my favourite MCU movie, but this was a lot of fun, with a really rocking soundtrack (mostly Guns n Roses), although it has some really dark moments too. Gorr the God-Butcher is a really creepy villain (though at the same time a sympathetic villain). 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 3:27am

I'd forgotten how genuinely funny this movie is! It's the movie that really cemented Bill Murray and Rodney Dangerfeld as movie stars (Dangerfield was already nearly 60 and had mostly done TV before this), and was Harold Ramis' first movie as a director. Ramis nearly fucked it all up, originally coming in with a 4.5 hour film that wasn't funny, but some great editing and a few new scenes fixed it all.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 4:20am

Yes, another coast to coast road race movie, but this is the best of the lot of them and leaves all the Cannonball incarnations in the dust. More driving, better stunts, a great cast, and a coherent storyline. This is also the first movie I ever saw in a movie theatre. Since it was 1976 I must have been 4, and I went with my father. He loves fast cars, and Mum would have had no idea wat this was about.Wink
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 1:12am

Righting a wrong committed 45 years ago! My cousins got to see The Rescuers, but me and my brothers didn't! I was so envious! Anyway, all fixed now. I do believe 5-year-old me would have appreciated it a lot more than 50-year-old me did. But anyway, it's a Disney movie, so there's anthropomorphic animals, the goodies win, and the baddies get their comeuppance.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 6:47pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 5:13am
I found it now: It's Witchwood by Blood Ceremony.
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 257>
  Share Topic