MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The best "worst" album!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Well... what's your favorite "bad" album?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [27.78%]
1 [5.56%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [11.11%]
4 [22.22%]
1 [5.56%]
1 [5.56%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [5.56%]
2 [11.11%]
1 [5.56%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The best "worst" album!
    Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Am I the only one who likes Queensryche's later albums? Confused
I´m not a giant fan, but I usually think they are a bit better than most people seem to think. Never found love for Mindcrime II though and especially not for Q2K.

I´ll always prefer the early (first 5 albums) releases though, and that´s always the albums I put on if I want to listen to Queensrÿche.

Same here, I prefer the first 5 albums over their later albums immensely. I still enjoy their later albums sometimes though if I'm in the mood. Tongue 
Queensryche are playing here tonight with Great White.  (Not sure which version of Queensryche, but I think it is the LaTorre led band).  Not going though it would probably be a cool show.  Just checked.  It is LaTorre.  Also playing are Dio Disciples and Bang Tango.  Tickets are pretty cheap too.

Edited by rushfan4 - 28 Aug 2014 at 3:56pm
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 3:36pm
^^Right?
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 3:29pm
Yeah it would fit right in LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 3:12pm
Why isn't Virtual XI on this list? Ermm

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 3:06pm

I´m not a giant fan, but I usually think they are a bit better than most people seem to think. Never found love for Mindcrime II though and especially not for Q2K.

I´ll always prefer the early (first 5 albums) releases though, and that´s always the albums I put on if I want to listen to Queensrÿche.

Same here, I prefer the first 5 albums over their later albums immensely. I still enjoy their later albums sometimes though if I'm in the mood. Tongue 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 2:59pm

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 2:25pm

I believe so Tongue

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 12:16am
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 11:47pm
I'm surprised to see St. Anger winning Shocked

Eria Tarka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eria Tarka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 12:12am
I vote Roots
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

Originally posted by monoblogist monoblogist wrote:

I love both "Cold Lake" and "Renewal", though Renewal is one of my favorite Kreator albums ever.  The first 5 songs flow together seamlessly, toss out the industrial sound fx of "Realit�tskontrolle", and the album finishes very strong also.  Not bad reviews (83%) here either... http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Kreator/Renewal/811

Yes man, now I think "Renewal" is not the most "hated" of the Kreator's albums...

...just wait until I get the time to review Renewal. The rating will go up considerably after thatBig smile.

...you were right to include Renewal on the list though. It is indeed one of the most controversial albums in the band�s discography.

More than Outcast?  I think not!  Not even the popular piece "Phobia" is above average (where is that goddamn guitar solo?).

Hmmmm... "Phobia" is very far from awesome, but is not bad IMO

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 9:03am

I love both "Cold Lake" and "Renewal", though Renewal is one of my favorite Kreator albums ever.  The first 5 songs flow together seamlessly, toss out the industrial sound fx of "Realit�tskontrolle", and the album finishes very strong also.  Not bad reviews (83%) here either... http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Kreator/Renewal/811

Yes man, now I think "Renewal" is not the most "hated" of the Kreator's albums...

...just wait until I get the time to review Renewal. The rating will go up considerably after thatBig smile.

...you were right to include Renewal on the list though. It is indeed one of the most controversial albums in the band�s discography.

More than Outcast?  I think not!  Not even the popular piece "Phobia" is above average (where is that goddamn guitar solo?).
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 1:54am

Edited by UMUR - 13 Nov 2012 at 1:55am
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 1:50am
Dedicated to Chaos is one of the worst albums I've ever heard.

I actually like some of the albums in that poll: 
Deep Purple's Slaves and Masters is quite nice (although I think it's their weakest album);
Kreator's renewal is quite good if you ask me;
 Queensryche's Q2k is not bad at all, I'd rather listen to this to OM2 or their horrid covers album (Take Cover), 
Megadeth's Risk is alright (yes, it's one of their weakest efforts, but I find their next one far worse).
Queen's Hot Space is not that bad either (it's Queen's worst indeed, but it's got some nice, catchy tunes like Dancer, Back chat, Action this day, Calling all Girls, Life is Real, las Palabras de Amor,  Under pressure - hey, not bad at all! LOL)

I find Iron Maiden's Virtual XI, The Final Frontier and Dance of Death quite uninspired and boring.
Def Leppard has got some boring albums as well (their albums after Slang, their last one takes the cake).

Edited by LittleBig - 26 Aug 2015 at 3:58am
Daysbetween View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 2:38pm
Would like to have voted for 'Metallica - Lulu' as 'St. Anger' actually sounds not so bad in comparison Nuke but since I can't 'St.Anger' got my vote anyway.
alice-in-chains4lyfe View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alice-in-chains4lyfe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 5:46am
St. Anger because it's unintentionally hilarious
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 6:08pm

monoblogist View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monoblogist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 3:18pm
http://monoblogist.blogspot.com
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 2:35pm
If it makes you feel better Arise is still my favourite Sep album. Wink

Those three are actually the only ones I've heard entirely, never had the need to get more. The best thing on Roots is definitely Max's voice. I hope it was like that on the earlier albums.
<- Click on this!
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 3:13am
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

I'm actually quite shocked to see Roots as the worst rated Sepultura album. Sure it's too long and not all brilliant, but still I think it's quite good an album. I listen to it more than Beneath the Remains.

I like (half of) Roots as well but this is just plain wrong man! Tongue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic