MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hola

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Erased Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hola
    Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 11:34am
Howdy guys.

Yes, I'm another Prog Archives import but I am into a wee, fair bit of metal when it takes my fancy.

I'm on Ultimate Metal as well but to be honest, I find the majority of posters that I've encountered pretty rude, cliquey and up their own ass (not all of them of course, if there's any posters from there on here Tongue). I basically didn't feel very welcome there, especially considering I dislike Satanic metal. Embarrassed Note: I didn't say black metal, not all of those bands are anti-Christian, but as a Christian, I find it hard to identify with such lyrics obviously.

The album that first got me into metal, the gateway album if you like, was Toxicity by System of a Down. To this day I hold that that is a damn good album LOL.

My favourite Metal bands are Katatonia, Opeth, Orphaned Land, ISIS, Meshuggah, Myrath, Amon Amarth and a few more.

I'm not quite a metalhead, but I am getting more and more into such stuff. Favourite genres tend to be Post-Metal, Sludgey stuff, Prog Metal and a bit of Doom/Death Metal every now and then.
NJCat_11 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJCat_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 11:40am
Welcome to the site Citizen Erased.
For what it's worth, I dislike Satanic lyrics as well.  Wink
thellama73 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thellama73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 11:42am
Yeah, boo Satan! That guy totally sucks.

Welcome!
Citizen Erased View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Erased Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 11:43am
Hehe. It's not that I get particularly offended by them, if you do then you should just quit metal to be honest. I find them pretty clich�d and awful though. Usually I don't pay attention to lyrics anyway.

Nice sig btw. I love that quote. (:

Ta for the welcome guys.

Edited by Citizen Erased - 01 Apr 2010 at 11:43am
CCVP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 1:15pm
I don't like satanic lyrics either. Not only they are really offensive and 99% of the time they are based on the twisted religious ways of protestantism, they are mostly untrue and make absurd statements and suppositions. Mostly, also, they are made by basement dwelers and ""hardcore"" people that still live with their mothers, which, by itself and by default, would make their argument invalid.

Edited by CCVP - 01 Apr 2010 at 1:25pm
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 11:13pm
The TRVE KVLT METAL fans are baffling to me. I don't understand somebody being completely obsessed with such a narrow genre and unable to regard anything else as good. I guess it's just an internet thing, but I've never seen another genre fanbase do that, at least not one that knows about music. 14 year old rock or rap fans tend to be pretty close-minded. ;-)

Edited by Henry Plainview - 01 Apr 2010 at 11:14pm

The T 666 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T 666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 11:28pm
Well here in MMA all people are welcomed and I'm sure you'll find True KLVT fans that will appreciate several other genres. (check my signatures in both PA and MMA for an example). There's a few fans who have exlusive preferences for one genre and they're welcomed here too! This is a site for metal fans who love their music and want to talk with fellow metal lovers.    

I'd agree Black Metal wouldn't Look like the thing for you though, Citizen Erased. But there are surprises in every genre!
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 2:35am
I would disagree with some comments about close-mindedness, Satanism, et cetera that have come up in this thread, but whatever, I won't smudge this thread with all that. ;-) Welcome! Smile
CCVP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Vehemency Vehemency wrote:

I would disagree with some comments about close-mindedness, Satanism, et cetera that have come up in this thread, but whatever, I won't smudge this thread with all that. ;-) Welcome! Smile

Originally posted by That_guy_from_PA_that_I_can't_remember_the_name That_guy_from_PA_that_I_can't_remember_the_name wrote:

You don't even know what math rock is, please go away

LOLLOLLOLLOL
LOLLOLLOLLOL
LOLLOLLOLLOL
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 8:33am
I remember reading about a Christian Black Metal band from Indonesia called Kekal... They're also on PA, if my memory serves me right. Though it sounds a bit of an oxymoron, perhaps you might like to check them out. As regards close-mindedness, well... you're from PA, so I'll only need to mention one name to you: WalterDigsTunesDeadLOL.
The T 666 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T 666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by CCVP CCVP wrote:

Originally posted by That_guy_from_PA_that_I_can't_remember_the_name That_guy_from_PA_that_I_can't_remember_the_name wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOL
LOLLOLLOLLOL
LOLLOLLOLLOL

Oh Caio, you have to adjust content for the occasion... And use the original post's proper grammar:

If you don't even know what is Black Metal, please go away. 

LOL
The T 666 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T 666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

I remember reading about a Christian Black Metal band from Indonesia called Kekal... They're also on PA, if my memory serves me right. Though it sounds a bit of an oxymoron, perhaps you might like to check them out. As regards close-mindedness, well... you're from PA, so I'll only need to mention one name to you: WalterDigsTunesDeadLOL.

Christian black metal, the ultimate oxymoron, is an actual genre full of bands, some actually kind of talented. 

But believe me, it's quite impossible to hear the dark, low-fi, fast music with extremely distorted high guttural shrieks and think "yes, this is for the grace of God"... LOL

Edited by The T 666 - 02 Apr 2010 at 12:44pm
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 1:42pm
I can imagineLOL!
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 8:59pm

I'm not saying all black metal fans are like that, but I've seen people who are. Of course, maybe I am foisting my perceptions on other people because I have seen people complain about avant-garde "elitists" and obsessives and I've never seen that either.

Harry View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 9:32pm
If you have problems with ultimatemetal.com, you're probably just posting in the wrong child forums.
I pretty much completely avoid "The Music"and the child forums contained within (General Metal Discussion, GMD Social Forum, Old School).
My experience with UM is pretty positive actually, but that's probably because I post almost entirely in the Andy Sneap forum
CCVP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 6:04am
Originally posted by The T 666 The T 666 wrote:

Originally posted by CCVP CCVP wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOL
LOLLOLLOLLOL
LOLLOLLOLLOL

Oh Caio, you have to adjust content for the occasion... And use the original post's proper grammar:

If you don't even know what is Black Metal, please go away. 

LOL
And who are YOU to say anything??

You don't even know what eclectic progressive retro blackened death metal is!! AngryAngryAngryLOL
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Erased Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by The T 666 The T 666 wrote:

Christian black metal, the ultimate oxymoron, is an actual genre full of bands, some actually kind of talented. 

But believe me, it's quite impossible to hear the dark, low-fi, fast music with extremely distorted high guttural shrieks and think "yes, this is for the grace of God"... LOL

Well, indeed. I tend to find I enjoy metal when I'm in a bad mood or funnily enough in a partying mood (me and my mate always sneak on a bit of Bloodbath to liven things up Wink). I can't say I listen to metal when I'm in an introspective mood for praying etc. LOL

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Erased Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 4:08pm

Oh yes, WalterWhoOnlyDigsTunesFromThe1970sOrEarlier. Wink
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 3:46am
Originally posted by Citizen Erased Citizen Erased wrote:

Howdy guys.
I'm on Ultimate Metal as well but to be honest, I find the majority of posters that I've encountered pretty rude, cliquey and up their own ass (not all of them of course, if there's any posters from there on here Tongue). I basically didn't feel very welcome there, especially considering I dislike Satanic metal. Embarrassed Note: I didn't say black metal, not all of those bands are anti-Christian, but as a Christian, I find it hard to identify with such lyrics obviously.

Hi all, I'm working on my introduction but wanted to comment . . .

Man, do I have a prob with over opinionated bastages, trolls and ignorance at YOUtube, PA, the
RARE occasional traveling Troll on PrOgulus.com and so on.  If a narrow minded person is gonna'
fill me with their rubbish, they better have a range in which to defend.
I too am not a big fan of the Satanic, though there are bands that I like (Deicide is soo heavy that they
are appealing Tongue) and for the most part (not all) are soo paradoxical/hypocritical in their views that
anyone will just hit a wall in any sort of rational discussion.  Same goes for so-called Christians (I am
one), but this music (Metal in general) has soo many facits that it cant be pigeon-holed.
Actually, the genre that disgusts me more is "Gore Metal", and how desensitized it is, "its a joke", "its
total shock value", "its all in fun", though if that kind of "fun" happened to a loved one, or themselves,
I dont imagine they'd be laughing unless they were going mad.
. . . that was my soap box Ouch.
But damn Carcass was an awesome Band! LOL

All I say is, to each their own, as long as you dont shove your "opinions" down my throat, this is a
Metal "Community" and like Prog, the Outside Top40 World doesnt want to know us.  If you want to
Fight, fight those who want to silence "US".  Have an Attitude for the Music, not its fans Wink.

I guess I'll be surprised when I see more and more Metalheads agree a bit to my rant, that we actually
exist, that we are a bit open to everything but still hold onto some kind of "values" the best we can (that
is if you believe in the Divine, Black, Skeptic or little green men).

And I'm sorry, I'll have to strongly disagree . . .
I DO sometimes want a spiritual uplift in Metal! I can always go to Kings X, Extol, Deliverence, Believer
and a few other Bands (In Prog Rock and Metal) to get my Spiritual Mojo goin' Big smile!
(Does Richard Wagner and the Soundtrack to Kingdom of Heaven construde as "Metal" in this case?)

Good to be here and welcome BCE!!! (even though I'm just a noob)

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 14 Apr 2010 at 6:36pm
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Erased Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 1:30pm
Thanks for commenting MAVIIIVAM :)

There's a handful of Christian metal bands that I like but not a helluva lot. A band's faith doesn't really affect what I listen to but I find certain bands very appealing to me when I want to connect with God spiritually or whatever. Iona are a band that I find very good for that as they blend a Celtic style and Post-Rock very nicely.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic