4 [33.33%]
7 [58.33%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T 666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The new Morbid Angel album...
    Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 10:58am
Say your truth. I think it's not as bad as people say but it's bad anyway. Option 4 for me. 

Edited by The T 666 - 24 Jun 2011 at 10:58am
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 11:07am
I've not listened to it, and based on the hype I'm not likely to.
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 11:45am
I said #5 because in truth it is the worst Morbid Angel Album, and I find it very, very disappointing. I like maybe one song on it but that's about it. If they could perfect what they are doing now, this industrial new metal type thing, I think their next album might not be  too bad.

Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 11:51am
I got nuthin' to say...

...except...

... kill a cop cop kill a cop cop kill a cop!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 11:56am
I went for the sub-par option. I haven't heard every Morbid Angel album so I really can't call if its their worst, though I can't see anything else being worse than it. But in all fairness it does have a few half-decent moments.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 12:01pm
I haven't heard every MA album, but I'd bet this is the worst one.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 12:17pm
You�re damn right it is. It has it�s moments though so I�d say option 4. A very disappointing release though.
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 1:33pm
I haven't listened to the album.

But based on the samples on Youtube I don't think I will.

No vote.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 2:13pm
Obviously worst album ever is silly but it is certainly the worst hing Morbid Angel has made!

Not sure how anyone can say otherwise LOL
The "good" parts are not that good IMO because the drums just sound so horrible, the music is flat and the vocals are horrid. So it's pretty much bad death metal mixed electronic and nu metal and none of it works.
Oh and the infamous Radikult Cry  (though I do think/pray that song is satiric)

I just wonder what MA was thinking. A deliberate effort to challenge the fans? Was this their honest intention??
It's like in their time off they were frozen and still think it's 2003....
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 2:44pm
It's absolutely not the worst album in the world! Rate your music's worst metal albums list puts it better than Limp Bizkit!LOL
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 2:55pm
Oh that�s a consolationErmmLOL
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 2:58pm
Is there a way to rig the MMA filter to get the worst rated album list?
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 3:44pm
Five...all though six was tempting.
Zargus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zargus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 7:45pm
I seriusly dont understand why everyone hate it so much? On the first listen it sounded a bit wierd but i liked it, and on the second i liked it even more, its not a Masterpiece but a good album, and much better than what people are saying i think. If you listen with an open mind and take it for what it is its good music, death metal or whatever it is.
http://www.riseaboverecords.com/wp-content/uploads/BLOOD-CEREMONY-new-2016.jpg
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 7:12am
It's just all the fans who are disappointed because it's not what they expected :-P
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 7:19am
Option #5 for me. Really bad album (the worst Morbid Angel album by FAR), but a few decent moments.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

It's just all the fans who are disappointed because it's not what they expected :-P

I�d be interested to hear if the style they play now will get them new fans. Personally I don�t know anyone who would be interested in this (and not all people I know are MA fans). While the experiments are probably the worst pill to swallow for the hardcore MA fans, I actually think it�s the more regular tracks that are most disappointing. There�s actually only one track on the album that I truly enjoy and that�s "Blades of Baal". The rest are just not very interesting. The occult mystique of the old albums is gone and instead you get some pretty straight forward lyrics that I notice that most fans can�t relate to. The fact that there is an emphasis on "sing along" choruses probably doesn�t help. Right now my rating is around 2.5 . 3 star rating because of the overall quality of the album ( musicianship, production, packing and songwriting) but personally I don�t like the album and it�s going straight to my basement to collect dust the minute I�m done writing my review.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 8:44am
I honestly don't think that the new industrial type tracks will get them many new fans... I mean it's a sort of industrial metal which has already gone out of fashion, isn't it?
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 9:29am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

I�d be interested to hear if the style they play now will get them new fans. Personally I don�t know anyone who would be interested in this (and not all people I know are MA fans). While the experiments are probably the worst pill to swallow for the hardcore MA fans, I actually think it�s the more regular tracks that are most disappointing. There�s actually only one track on the album that I truly enjoy and that�s "Blades of Baal". The rest are just not very interesting. The occult mystique of the old albums is gone and instead you get some pretty straight forward lyrics that I notice that most fans can�t relate to. The fact that there is an emphasis on "sing along" choruses probably doesn�t help. Right now my rating is around 2.5 . 3 star rating because of the overall quality of the album ( musicianship, production, packing and songwriting) but personally I don�t like the album and it�s going straight to my basement to collect dust the minute I�m done writing my review.

Interesting that you enjoy the production (or at least think it's of quality). Smile That aspect of the album made it almost unlistenable for me... I really had a major issue with the sound (especially the triggered drums and over-produced atmosphere).
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 10:07am
I didn�t say I enjoy itSmile but from a technical point of view it�s professionally crafted.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic