Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scott Kelly (Neurosis) retires from music

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scott Kelly (Neurosis) retires from music
    Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 10:53am
Neurosis's Scott Kelly retires from music after admitting abuse of his family. See: https://blabbermouth.net/news/neurosiss-scott-kelly-admits-to-abusing-wife-and-children-announces-retirement-from-music

And the band statement: https://www.facebook.com/officialneurosis/posts/pfbid03MdMEKDudj3g3STbMFEcJnHmNeLTPQqXJYF6cVz6VMpQbLrHMkX4bYd6DW8WJ8pul

Edited by Tupan - 29 Aug 2022 at 10:55am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 11:32am
Yeah I read that earlier today, and it´s always a huge disappointment when one of your "heroes" turn out to be a douche. From what I can read from the band´s statement they don´t even trust the honesty of Kelly´s statement, and I´m afraid I´ll side with them in that matter. I know people (girls/women) who have been stalked, physically and mentally abused, and a person capable of doing such things does not have the ability to change. They may be able to fool the world (and their partner) for a while, but that´s trick number one in the book of being a sociopat.

I feel terribly sad for his wife and kids, but also the remaining members of Neurosis, who have now had their legacy tainted.

Kelly tries to make it sound like he has chosen to retire...but the truth is, no one with just the slightest bit of integrity will ever work with him again, and he knows it, so again he turns things on their head, and makes it about him and how he has made a choice.

Edited by UMUR - 29 Aug 2022 at 11:35am
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 11:53am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Kelly tries to make it sound like he has chosen to retire...but the truth is, no one with just the slightest bit of integrity will ever work with him again, and he knows it, so again he turns things on their head, and makes it about him and how he has made a choice.

He seems to be a manipulative fucker. And he not responded the other members of the band for three years (during all the covid situation, I think?), so I assume he was about to be sacked from Neurosis after all this behaviour.

I feel bad for the family too. I hope his wife gets divorce from him and RUN
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 2:03pm
Thanks for posting the band statement. I hadn't seen that. Usually you can give someone a little credit for owning up and admitting it, but I don't think so this time after reading that statement.

Yeah, it's involuntary retirement. Step away fucker.

That said, I hope Neurosis as an entity doesn't get cancelled because of this. A band isn't one person.
Warthur View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 3:55pm
Coming to this late but echoing what other people have said: I don't trust Kelly's statement an inch.

I've known people who've gotten into a cycle of regularly making big dramatic apologies for their behaviour and spurting all sorts of promises they're going to change... but actually, the apologies and promises are what they do instead of working on themselves. They just use them as a delaying tactic to convince people to give them a bit more time before writing them off entirely.

Apparently, this isn't the first time Scott's done this particular dance - just the most public one - so it smells like a similar situation to me. If the band don't see any reason to back him up on this - and they might have been out of touch with him a while, but they surely know him better than me - I don't see any reason to differ.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic