MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite melodeath band?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Whom is your favorite melodic death metal band?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [11.11%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [11.11%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [22.22%]
1 [11.11%]
1 [11.11%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [22.22%]
1 [11.11%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite melodeath band?
    Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 5:22am
There are a few on this list I would call faves, but to me, there can be only one: MERCENARY! Perhaps it's because of their inclusion of clean vocals into the mix, w/ a stronger emphasis on the power metal sounds compared to the many other melodeath bands out there, maybe it's because of something else, idk! I just LOVE this band! So they get my pick!

Edited by Psydye - 22 Mar 2019 at 5:23am
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 8:26am
I know most of these bands but only find some albums really good with others just ok. Mercenary i actually haven't experienced yet. I guess i'd have to choose Amon Amarth since they seem to be the most consistent in crafting perfect melodic death metal, at least for my liking.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 10:55am
I was torn between At The Gates and Insomnium but At The Gates just beat them. Also highly rate Omnium Gatherum, Arch Enemy can be great but some patchy releases. I've got at least one album by all those bands apart from Mercenary and Kalmah.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 1:57pm
I´m not a huge fan of the genre, but for me it´s between Soilwork, and Omnium Gatherum/Insomnium and The Black Dahlia Murder. I´ve given my vote to the latter. I´ve seen them a couple of time live, and they deliver a powerful kick in the ass every time. Their albums are slightly one-dimensional in nature, but every song they´ve ever made is high quality melodic death metal, and that´s a bit of an achivement considering how many albums they´ve released.

Edited by UMUR - 22 Mar 2019 at 1:57pm
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 4:49pm
Not really a fan too, but from these selection I choose Omnium Gatherum, light years ahead from the others!
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:03pm
Arch Enemy. Wages of Sin was great album, but they've never matched it since.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 5:42am
Of all the bands listed, I only enjoy Insomnium.
But I voted other, because my favorite melodic death metal is Be'lakor, a bit proggish, Opethian in places. 
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

I have the same opinion but regarding the album Doomsday Machine
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

I have the same opinion but regarding the album Doomsday Machine

If I had to chose an Arch Enemy album it would be Burning Bridges. I´ve never been much of a fan of te female led releases. The first two with Angela are alright, but Arch Enemy just seemed to get too formulaic when she joined, and it has not become better with Alyssa. It´s not necessarily their fault (it is after all Michael who writes most of the music), but I just enjoy the early more raw releases more, and I´m not a fan of the effect laden growling of the two female vocalists.

Edited by UMUR - 28 Mar 2019 at 3:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic