FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First Metal Album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Atreju View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atreju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Metal Album
    Posted: 18 Mar 2016 at 3:51pm
First metal record I bought was A Real Live One by Iron Maiden.

Oh how I loved it. That's why I fancy Fear of the Dark so much..

Edited by Atreju - 18 Mar 2016 at 3:51pm
Wyvern_13 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyvern_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 5:03pm
They're Metal influenced for sure, but I've met people who dont consider them Metal. Personally I'm not quite sure, I think they could probably be accurately classified as something else just as easily.
Þessi undirskrift kemur málinu bara alls ekkert við!
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 2:24pm
I find Rammstein to definitely be metal, I've seen very few people who don't consider them metal. Mutter is certainly a great start, one of Rammstein's best.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 2:15pm
Personally I definitely consider Rammstein metal, so Mutter it is Big smile
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 1:26pm
I take it that you don't consider Mutter to be a metal album then? Wink
Wyvern_13 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyvern_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 12:23pm
If you wanna consider Rammstein as Metal then Mutter. Otherwise...something Iron Maiden. Cant remember what album I first purchased. Probably either Fear of the Dark or Brave New World.
Þessi undirskrift kemur málinu bara alls ekkert við!
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 12:26am
^^^ I just remembered that I already posted my answer before lol LOL. Anyway, along with Metallica's Ride the Lightning I also bought Master of Puppets and And Justice for All LOL

Edited by ProgMetaller2112 - 03 Oct 2015 at 12:27am
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 12:21am
Metallica's Ride the Lightning 
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 12:54pm
First metal album I owned - we're back to the seventies here, would be Made In Japan - Deep Purple. More hard rock than metal I guess so it would be We Sold Our Souls For Rock 'n' Roll - Black Sabbath. A really great compilation of classic Sabbath.
EmNB76 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmNB76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 9:12am
First metal album I heard would have been Saxon "Power & The Glory" and I was about 13 so we are going back 26 years (clucking bell!) and the record was around 6 years old at that point.  My cousin lent me his entire vinyl collection I remember which had all the Maiden records inclusive of "Somewhere In Time", Rush "Moving Pictures", UFO "Strangers In The Night" and some punk records that I quickly dismissed,

First album I bought would have been Obituary "Slowly We Rot", I remember picking up the album and looking at that artwork and thinking I had to have it.  I took it back to my grandparents house as my dad worked nights and was in bed, my granddad was a hi-fi buff and had some neat equipment and he let me put the record on in his den.  He stayed for a minute after it started because he was convinced the LP or his equipment was faulty because he had never heard anything like it.  I told him it was supposed to sound like that and he just left the room looking very puzzled.  Confused
martindavey87 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Error & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martindavey87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 8:26am
'Destroyer' by Kiss. I was 12 years-old back in 1999, and had watched a WCW show (wrestling) where Kiss performed. Nobody gave a shit about the performance, as it was WCW's lowest rated segment in it's history, but I did. They played 'God of Thunder' and debuted a Kiss-themed wrestler (who sucked), but GoT was his entrance song and I loved it!
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 1:36am
I remember hearing "Smoke On The Water" when I was about 4 or 5 and thinking it was the coolest thing ever. That was 1976 or 1977...

First album I had was Twisted Sister's "Stay Hungry", which I got in 1984. First non-hair metal was Iron Maiden's "Somewhere In Time". First one I bought was Iron Maiden's "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son". Those were the days...
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

I really can't remember, been listening to metal all my life. I do remember one of my earliest memories is hearing Number of the Beast.

I'm the same. My dad pretty much raised me on a diet of heavy rock and metal. I also have memories of hearing Iron Maiden when I was growing up. Dad owned the albums on vinyl while I eventually got my own copies on CD.
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 10:57am
hahaha, I was 10 when I bought The Final Countdown as well! And it was my first vinyl, leaving aside the OST to Rocky IV that my older brother sold to me for 20 cents (in today's value) a couple of years before because I wanted to own a vinyl of my own and I liked Eye of the Tiger. My brother, being the dickhead that he was, first drew cigars and glasses on all the people on the back (Rocky, Adrian, Drako, the lot!).

Anyway, my oldest brother had a substantial vinyl collection (which he did not like to share, so I played them when he was not around with fear for my life) and he considered Europe to be "pussies" (he was way into thrash at that point) and he would not even consider buying the album. I loved the title track (who doesn't?) so I went and bought it myself. It's a great album actually. And I remember feeling justified when I saw Mike Wead (Hexenhaus, Memento Mori, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, etc) in 1999 wearing a tourshirt of the album. Ha!

But, my serious discography collecting started in 1990 (now I need my own collection, stealinng through my brother's did not cut it anymore) and my first conscious choice were:
1) Metallica - Kill Em All
2) Metallica - Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets
3) Flotsam and Jetsam - No Place for Disgrace and Helloween - Walls of Jericho (EP and Judas included)
4) Metallica - And Justice for All
5) Flotsam and Jetsam - Doomsday for the Deceiver

...which are all albums I have tattoed in my heart through excessive playing.
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 6:13pm
Ay, the longest ago I can remember listening to a metal album was Master of Reality by Black Sabbath. The first song I remember listening to was also by Black Sabbath, and I believe it was either Never Say Die or Dirty Women (from Technical Ecstasy.)
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 3:33pm
I really can't remember, been listening to metal all my life. I do remember one of my earliest memories is hearing Number of the Beast.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 3:29pm
Demons & Wizards - 'Touched By the Crimson King'

This began my metal journey.
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 3:25pm
I think my first Metal album was either ...And Justice For All or Powerslave.....I think I may have got them both at the same time.

Edited by Dobbie03 - 19 Jun 2015 at 3:25pm
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 12:56pm
That would have been Deep Purple - Made In Japan which I got for a Christmas present in 1975.
ManDog View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ManDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 12:31pm
Powerman 5000 haha!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic