MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Death Metal Kill Zone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 35>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

In the mean time here's the track that they released first from it. This one actually highlights the problems I have with the vocals the most.

I liked the "I WILL ERASE YOU!" part.

Musically, I think it's their weakest since Black Seeds of Vengeance, and its production is a step down from their last few making me think "what the hell happened?"
kogaionon View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kogaionon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 12:39am
listening to the new SFU album, ''Undead'' - sounds like the first decent album they recorded in 15 years..surprisingly, more than one tracks sound great

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 2:30am
^LOL Yeah I�ve heard that the quality of their albums is usually pretty low.
kogaionon View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kogaionon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 3:08am
it usually is, but after the departure of Greg Gall (drums) and Terry Butler (bass), the new line-up really came out with a kick-ass album - i'd say Undead and Haunted are their best albums yet
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 3:28am
I remember when the debut came out but I�ve never really given them a listen.
FallingxSkies View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallingxSkies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 4:58pm
I love love LOVE Cannibal Corpse! The albums I listen to the most are "Eaten back to Life" and " Live Cannibalism" 
 Wish I knew other bands like themDead
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by FallingxSkies FallingxSkies wrote:

I love love LOVE Cannibal Corpse! The albums I listen to the most are "Eaten back to Life" and " Live Cannibalism" 
 Wish I knew other bands like themDead

...well there are lots of bands like them out there. I�m currently listening to the US Gorgasm. They are recommendable if you enjoy Cannibal Corpse.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 10:35pm
Newer Hypocrisy needed to use their keys a little more.

This was a step in the right direction.

So far, I'm looking for an album by them that can actually beat their self titled.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 2:40am
^I saw Hypocrisy twice around 1992/1993. Nothing to write home about IMO. I remember them as a kind of second rate Swedish death metal act, but maybe I�m wrong? I�ll give them a listen at some point.

Edited by UMUR - 08 Sep 2012 at 2:40am
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 7:17am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

^I saw Hypocrisy twice around 1992/1993. Nothing to write home about IMO. I remember them as a kind of second rate Swedish death metal act, but maybe I�m wrong? I�ll give them a listen at some point.

They would have only put out their first two albums at that point, so meh.
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Well, they were. Then, around 1997/1998, they turned "hot".

Speaking of "second rate Swedish death metal acts", could someone explain me why some people are still interested by Grave???
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 3:16pm
Well not me. It�s that long ago I reviewed the debut album and I remember being a bit disappointed about it. I remembered it being better. As far as I understand they�ve pretty much stuck to their guns ever since?
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2012 at 4:48am
To say the truth, I saw them opening for Nile some years ago (2008), and I found them boring: all their songs sounded the same to me.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 6:41pm

This album is awesome.  Probably my second favorite 21st century death metal album now behind Panzerchrist's Battalion Beast.
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 6:15pm
Check this out folks,

From the Maker of "Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage", "A Headbangers Journey" and "Global Metal" . . .

http://www.indiegogo.com/extrememetal/

Please share with friends, Bands and Metal Sites/Groups who may be interested.

Also check out this Interview with Director Sam Dunn at Noisecreep:
http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/09/26/metal-evolution-extreme-metal/

Be great to get MMA and its Members on this Big smile.

"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 12:36pm
Meh.  Sam Dunn isn't the most credible person in the world on this topic, and a good amount of his stuff is hard to take seriously.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 1:37pm
Who is Sam Dunn?
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 7:44pm
UMUR,

Director of . . .

Or UMUR . . . see the Post Link you nut Tongue Wink.
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 9:39pm
I like the Rush one, but didn't think much of Metal: A Headbanger's Journey.  Haven't seen the others.
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

Meh.  Sam Dunn isn't the most credible person in the world on this topic, and a good amount of his stuff is hard to take seriously.

Willy -

I agree that there are "majors" missing from many of his Docs (except Flight 666 and Rush) that are
almost inexcusable BUT! The man has been able to get a wider audience to learn of the Metal genres
we love, he's able to get wide releases which only expand. And get a lot of publicity (even though
UMUR doesnt know who Sam Dunn is LOL ). 
Now (Sam). . . he's defying "VH1" by going with and talking about the Extreme Metal side, possibly
expelling its "cliche's" as well (I mentioned this to him at his FB page).
There have been a few Docs dealing with Thrash and Death Metal, but have had little or no impact
on getting a wide theatrical release, only on YOUtube or straight to video, at-least Sam Dunn has a 
good eye in editing, asking good questions and being professional and having classy product.

Note: I learned of VH1's "wimpyness" via-one of the guys from "That Metal Show" on their FB page.
I asked point blank "Why dont we hear about more NEW Metal bands and the extreme bands (from
Prog Metal, Thrash, Black and Death Metal")? Also, some other "details" that make it a harder sell.
These were answered by another fan along the same lines of my question, here was TMS's reply . . .

"Death/Black Metal has been an area that has been brought up time & time again. Eddie is on record stating he's not a fan of the genre and the channel makes all final decisions when it comes to the show anyway.
You should write VH1 Classic directly then and tell them to think about a Death/Black/Speed metal segment.The DJ on the show is a huge fan of all of that."

"VH1 writes the segments and approves the content of the show".
Also its logistics for Euro/South American bands, Guests are not paid and have to be interested in an
invite and make their way to the show and ravailable for tapings of the show. . . so that leaves the Underground scene "underground".

Again,
Metalheads need to be pro-active instead of just saying "MEEEEETAL DOOOOD!!!" Tongue, we need to
get involved if Metal is to be heard.
I'm a Death Metal fan and I care, I'd like to see these Bands get credit and "make a living" at what they
do, that takes more exposure while keeping it brutal.

\m/

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 27 Sep 2012 at 11:24pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 35>
  Share Topic