MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Death Metal Kill Zone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 35>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 2:50pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 8:53am
I just discovered this Danish one-man act: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/muldjord.aspx?ac=muldjord who offers all their/his releases for free on his official website: http://www.muldjord.com/

Listening to the new album right now and this is actually some pretty good stuff for a one-man project:
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 6:38pm
I love how Sumerian Daemons is the number three death metal album now.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 10:34am
.. Album Cover
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/dim-mak--the-emergence-of-reptilian-altars.aspx
The new Dim Mak
Hell yeah death metal just the way I like itHeadbanger

Edited by UMUR - 16 Nov 2011 at 1:15pm
Woutjinho View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woutjinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 3:02am
I've heard some quite allright extreme metal from africa, but nothing really great actually. Still waiting for a big band to arise from the desert.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 2:37am
Interesting how more and more arabian/middle eastern extreme metal artists seem to appear. Let�s hope we�ll get some kickass metal in the wake of the many revolutions in that part of the world.
Woutjinho View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woutjinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 3:50pm
Just reviewed a demo from a band called Brain Pattern from Tunisia. It was okay. Nothing really special.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 1:51pm
I�ve just finished listening to this one:
.. Album Cover

These guys kick so much assHeadbanger

This is death metal where I think melody is used sparsely and cleverly.

Edited by UMUR - 27 Oct 2011 at 1:52pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 1:47pm
^Abstract Weirdness" I like that expression! It�s a good way of describing the musicThumbs Up
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 9:54am
I think those echoing burping vocals go with the abstract weirdness of the album.  They're perfectly fine. Thumbs Up
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 9:44am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

The burping vocals will either turn you off completely or you�ll find them oddly charmingLOL . There�s not way in hell you�ll feel indifferent towards this album.

Bill Steer's vocals in Carcass got me adjusted to that style.  They're not a problem. Smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 9:34am
The burping vocals will either turn you off completely or you�ll find them oddly charmingLOL . There�s not way in hell you�ll feel indifferent towards this album.

Edited by UMUR - 27 Oct 2011 at 9:34am
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 9:00am

I recently got into this obscure Finnish gem (which by the way is free for download on the band�s official website):
.. Album Cover

Odd fuckin� oneWacko but damn charmingClap

Sounds cool.  Downloading this now. Smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 2:16am
I recently got into this obscure Finnish gem (which by the way is free for download on the band�s official website):
.. Album Cover

Odd fuckin� oneWacko but damn charmingClap
Murphy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 8:10pm

Yeah it�s pretty interesting that the early Finnish death metal scene generally was more brutal than both the old school Swedish death metal scene (which is the one most people are familiar with) and the relatively more obscure and twisted Norwegian scene (it was also a very small scene though). The Fins would soon drown in melody though. Probably to the content of many people, but I like the more raw and brutal sound of the early scene much better.

We're on the same page, melody doesn't not rank highly on my interest list when it comes to metal. There's a slew of bands to check out in the scene, and, so I've found, most of the big names are at least worth a couple of spins. Many of the second tire bands had an unhealthy habit of releasing a handful of demo's then disappearing from site.
Guai ai gelidi mostri �Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, infamous, sullying, and grotesque is contained for me in this single word: God� Andr� Breton
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Murphy Murphy wrote:

I�ve been listening to the two demo tapes by Danish death metal act Caustic these last couple of days:

Sweet, I'll have to give these guys more of a listen.

On the topic of Demo's (its been re-issue a couple of times now, I think) of quality I've been listening to Rippikoulu's - Musta Seremonia a bit recently. Old Finnish doom/death. Vocal's are kind of the lower, guttural sound which defines many of the earlier Finnish bands.

Yeah it�s pretty interesting that the early Finnish death metal scene generally was more brutal than both the old school Swedish death metal scene (which is the one most people are familiar with) and the relatively more obscure and twisted Norwegian scene (it was also a very small scene though). The Fins would soon drown in melody though. Probably to the content of many people, but I like the more raw and brutal sound of the early scene much better.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 12:26pm
No, I've listened to the band and remember that album cover before.  However, Rippikoulu isn't a name that is easily remembered.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 6:58am
Probably a piece of a famous painting?
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 5:17am
^ I remember that artwork but I could never remember the name of that band.
Murphy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 7:31pm

I�ve been listening to the two demo tapes by Danish death metal act Caustic these last couple of days:

Sweet, I'll have to give these guys more of a listen.

On the topic of Demo's (its been re-issue a couple of times now, I think) of quality I've been listening to Rippikoulu's - Musta Seremonia a bit recently. Old Finnish doom/death. Vocal's are kind of the lower, guttural sound which defines many of the earlier Finnish bands.

Guai ai gelidi mostri �Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, infamous, sullying, and grotesque is contained for me in this single word: God� Andr� Breton
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 35>
  Share Topic