MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 328>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 3:03pm
Glad I don't live there...Shocked
TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 2:54pm
So what about America eh?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 5:12pm
Just read all the rules. Once again the government overlooks that not everyone can get click and collect in their own town. Only affects us this week as we've been booking delivery instead but since you need to book your Tesco slots three weeks in advance you can't predict what state the country's going to be in by the time it comes around or what the rules will be. 

My town is a total hotspot now with cases going higher than ever daily. It's a risk even to make quick top-up runs to the co-op for bread and milk, let alone trying to do a weekly shop. 

Wouldn't be a problem if Halstead people hadn't decided to launch a huge protest over Tesco coming into the town a few years ago. We'd have a nice superstore on the edge of town by now instead of a massive new housing estate that we don't have the schools or doctors to support. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 2:33pm
Talking about schools going back after half-term so wondering if that means we're all likely to be in lockdown until mid Feb at least.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 1:16pm
Catching up with Boris on YouTube. As expected, lockdown incoming.

Feeling very angry at all the people on the video chat telling people not to get vaccinated though. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 12:37pm
Yes I think a lockdown is inevitable. I'm already not working so won't make any difference to me really. The question is how long? I think he might go for a month to begin with and then review it.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 9:45am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Boris addressing the nation at 8PM tonight. 

?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 8:58am
Boris addressing the nation at 8PM tonight. Full lockdown like the original imminent? 

It kinda needs to be. Which probably means it won't be, knowing this government. 

We'll see.

Dreading today's map update which could be up in anything from a few minutes to a few hours. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 11:37am
We do go out for walks in the nearby countryside, but we aren't driving far to do it. Just far enough to escape the crowds. And once a week to Tesco for pickup, but we're changing to delivery from next week. But I don't think all the traffic around here can possibly account for people doing the same. I haven't seen any less traffic than normal lately. Same for people on foot. There's some people around here seem to be going down the high street every single day. Usually people even older than my parents are who are at the most vulnerable. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 9:41am
They need to start hitting rule breakers where it hurts more - their wallets. Because of them Boris is talking about even tougher restrictions though there's not much you could add to Tier 4 other than closing schools.

When I've been out you wouldn't think we're in Tier 4 with the amount of traffic on the roads. Can't understand where everyone is going, there's very few places to go.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 9:26am
God damn it. Up to 82 cases in the current map week now for Halstead. Highest we've ever been.

Only just starting to see effects of 50K daily cases added to the map.

They're probably going to have to add another colour tier once we get all the New Year rule-breakers on there. 

My family is following rules but I've never been worried over our own actions. It's everyone else out there. Unfortunately we don't have the capacity to keep enough food it to just go week to week on Tesco click and collect or delivery. There are always things like bread and milk that need to be replaced beforehand. 

The sooner my parents can get their first vaccine dose, the better. That will at least be some weight off my shoulders. 
GG2U

Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 9:14am
I was being sarcastic Ashley. Just read his apology which I'm sure was more instigated by the ridicule and contempt he was getting than any genuine remorse.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 8:46am
Really? I hope he's hiding away in utter shame.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 8:42am
^ Hope he's enjoying his 15 minutes of fame. 
MorniumGoatahl View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorniumGoatahl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 8:39am
Winning the Brady Sluder meme war I think. We need to print these are stick them up all across the world. 

MorniumGoatahl View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorniumGoatahl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 8:25am
That doofus must have the most punchable face this side of Ajit Pai.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 8:17am
A big factor of why we're in this mess is twats like him. 
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 8:05am
LOL

Someone went a step further with the memes, and sadly this is basically how a lot of people in my age group are acting:

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 7:54am
I remember that idiot. 

He did later issue an apology statement, which I always thought was probably forced upon him by his parents. 

He pretty much deserves to be the figurehead of Covid rulebreakers globally. 

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 6:06am
It's this twit multiplied by the hundreds, thousands, if not more:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 328>
  Share Topic