MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 328>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 2:51pm
The Exploited booked for next month
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 2:14pm
Stood at a math-fest waiting for Rolo Tomassi. Palm Reader just been on. Fuck they were heavy, especially at this venue which is the size of an average front room. Guess they call it the Manchester Deaf Institute for a reason. Cryptodira were on before them. Excellent band. Imagine Neurosis playing DEP tracks and singing with death metal vocals. Immense.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 12:42am
Sounds a great gig. Never seen Anthrax. KE are supporting Maiden later this year so will catch them later.
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 11:54pm
^^^ Shocked
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by ProgMetaller2112 ProgMetaller2112 wrote:

Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Just got back from finally seeing Anthrax, and man do I feel completely wiped out. I guess you could say I got Caught in a Mosh.

Where did they perform??

Shocked

Rochester NY, part of their KillThrax tour with Killswitch Engage and Havok. KE and Havok were excellent as well, but of course Anthrax stole the show. They actually started to play Judas Priest's The Ripper before going into Madhouse. LOL

Oh, and Belladonna came on stage to sing with KE for their encore of Holy Diver which was fantastic!
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Just got back from finally seeing Anthrax, and man do I feel completely wiped out. I guess you could say I got Caught in a Mosh.

Where did they perform??

Shocked
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 11:35pm
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 3:56pm
I hope so!

EDIT: Aevum played first and were fine. Then came Subterranean Masquerade. They were a very rhythmic and dancing band... the vocalist was crazy. LOL In Vain and Orphaned Land were the last to play and, well, they were awesome. Cool

Edited by Sisslith - 03 Mar 2018 at 6:40am
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 1:37pm
Sounds a fantastic evening.
Sisslith View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisslith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 11:50am
I'm seeing Orphaned Land, In Vain, Subterranean Masquerade and Aevum this Friday. Cool Like 5 hours of concert LOL
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 11:43am
Nothing on YouTube from Paradise Lost on Thursday yet, but here's some clips of the opening act. 

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 3:16am
Started reading again recently. On to some Edgar Allan Poe stuff. None of the stories yet though....poems first!
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 1:15am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Actually it was surprisingly growl light considering. I reckon over half of the setlist was fully clean sung songs or ones with minimal growls. I'm piecing together the exact order of the songs they played for my write-up. There was one song I couldn't place though which I presume must have been off one of the albums I don't own. I keep checking setlist FM but nothing yet. 

Huh, that's interesting. I would have thought they'd mostly play the death doom stuff and maybe some songs from Icon and Draconian Times. As long as the concert was good though, that's what matters.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 1:09am
I think my only issue with the setlist was that they didn't play either Fearless Sky or anything from the Tragic Idol album, which I've been playing a lot lately. That surprised me considering it's only a couple of albums back for them. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 1:07am
Actually it was surprisingly growl light considering. I reckon over half of the setlist was fully clean sung songs or ones with minimal growls. I'm piecing together the exact order of the songs they played for my write-up. There was one song I couldn't place though which I presume must have been off one of the albums I don't own. I keep checking setlist FM but nothing yet. 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 6:34pm
What was the setlist like? Considering the return to death doom that Medusa was, I assume it was a mix of the last couple albums and the classic death doom stuff?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 5:17pm
I very much did. Just got in about half an hour ago. Will do a write-up tomorrow. Or rather later today as the case is. Ears ringing right now. 
GG2U

Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:42am
^ lucky lad. Enjoy.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 10:29am
Be leaving to go see Paradise Lost shortly. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 1:16am
Went to see Cannibal Corpse, The Black Dahlia Murder and No Return last night.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 328>
  Share Topic