The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 94>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 1:09pm
Yeah, just tell me mate, before I drop cash on the game. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:51pm
No, you definitely do get different scenes based on your choices. But that's really all I can say at this point, unless you specifically want to know what the problem is. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:34pm
Oh wait, let me guess, it's just the same as with the Witcher 3: they're basically meaningless.
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:28pm
The game actually has a system for allowing you to recreate your choices from previous seasons before you start playing, btw. Though it probably wouldn't hurt to re-play season 2 if you don't remember it well enough, which is what I did. Honestly, I wouldn't stress out too much over importing choices, because without spoiling, that's kinda the area that caused people to get pissed off. (Not the importing system, but rather how previous choices are implemented within season 3 itself.)
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:13pm
Whether I get it or not I think I'll have to replay the first two first, just to refresh myself. I've only played the second season right through once, when I first had it. I still have saves tucked away but I don't actually remember what all my choices were now. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 11:22am
^Without going into spoilers, let's just say they made some very controversial choices with that one that pissed a lot of fans off. I was a bit disappointed with a couple things, but in the long run it didn't bug me much, and I actually thought it was a better, more focused season than season 2 overall, though still not as good as the first one. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:04am
Finally picked up TellTale's Walking Dead Michonne mini-series this morning. Haven't started it yet though.

Considering getting A New Frontier/Season 3 as well since it's gone to 50% off, but I'm not hearing such good reports of the new season compared to the first two seasons. Anyone here played any of it yet? 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 4:50am
Originally posted by 666sharon666 666sharon666 wrote:

I've always avoided it before, but the Morrowind expansion to The Elder Scrolls Online is making me consider getting that game.

Or I might just reinstall the original. Anyone here ever play TESO and can recommend it (or not?).

I've been looking at it too, but I don't want to drop the £70 it would take to get the base Tamriel Unlimited plus DLC and Morrowind. I know you can get a cheaper version of Tamriel Unlimited but there doesn't seem to be an option on Steam to get the other DLC unless you go straight it for the Gold edition. To be honest I don't actually find the Steam store pages very clear on what you need to buy to have all content. I certainly don't want a 'pay forever' membership version. 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 4:33pm
Apparently Atari is working on a new console: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/17/e3-2017-atari-teases-new-game-console-called-ataribox

I'm surprised they're going back into making consoles seeing as their last console, the Jaguar, was a total failure. I am curious though, maybe it will be good.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 12:21pm
I've always avoided it before, but the Morrowind expansion to The Elder Scrolls Online is making me consider getting that game.

Or I might just reinstall the original. Anyone here ever play TESO and can recommend it (or not?).
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 6:56pm
Just found out there's going to be a new Metroid coming out on the 3DS come September! PSYCHED!!Big smile
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 12:32pm
I'm crossing my fingers that them making it a standalone means they're using a different engine instead of the outdated one they forced on the base game. But given the current debacle with the beta patch (which I seem to be the only one affected by) I wouldn't bet on anything either. 

More Life is Strange can only be a good thing though I am concerned a prequel will be inherently less interesting because there's no justifiable way to include the time travel element, which is a big part of what made Life is Strange so great.

Metro: Exodus will be a essential purpose for me. I loved the first two games and the Redux definitely did some wonders to 2033 (though the PC version does have some issues last time I played). Last Light was always excellent, Redux or not. Man, now I want to revisit those games.

Steam sale is inbound in 10 days I believe. I've got my eye on a few titles but I don't want to go crazy with money this time: I've bought a lot of music lately which all adds up. There are a few titles I have my eye on if the price cut is right though.
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 11:38am
^I wouldn't bet on it, knowing Arcane's recent track record with bugs, lol!

So far, the best thing to come out of E3 for me is that we're getting a Life is Strange prequel, in three parts, starting at the end of August. Also, apparently it's being done by a different team, and the sequel by the original team is still happening, but it's still a ways off, so this will be a nice treat to tide me over until then. 

Also very interested in Tacoma, which is by the Gone Home developer, and it looks similar to that, effect its in space. If anything, it almost looks like it'll be close to what the new Prey would be without any of the combat, which was my least favorite aspect of that game, so I'm very much looking forward to it. 

And of course, Metro: Exodus also looks cool. I still need to play the first two games in that series, now that I have the Redux versions on PS4. Apparently, the new one is going to be a mix of outdoor open world areas and the typical linear indoor areas found in previous games, so it sounds interesting.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 1:20am
http://www.pcgamer.com/daud-and-billie-lurk-return-for-dishonored-2-death-of-the-outsider/

This is pretty much where I expected the expansions to Dishonored 2 to go, though the stand-alone status is unexpected. 

Hope it performs better than the base game at launch. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 7:14am
I forced Dishonored 2 off the beta patch and guess what? I'm running on near full ultra (shadows turned down) again with minimal drops (that skiff ride into mission 2 is still all over the place though). 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 2:09pm
I'm pretty sure the issue is the game because other games I've played recently are fine, including Witcher 3 (which I consider a much better looking game than Dishonored 2 - I've even managed to get rid of the initial load-up stutter now after 931 hours, lol) or at least only have their usual issues - Fallout 4 often microfreezes for a second or two for little reason, which I suspect may be a mod thing. 

I'm trying an uninstall and complete reinstall of Dishonored 2 without the beta patch to see if that makes a difference, but I've not got my hopes up. The weird thing is that several people on Steam are saying this latest patch fixed everything...yet it (or maybe even the last one I never tested) fucked it up for me. It's not unplayable (it never was for me) and my worse drop is actually in a cutscene (the skiff ride in mission 2), but it is really frustrating. I'm kind of dreading getting to A Crack in the Lab on this run because that mission was always the worst for frame drops, when using the Time Piece. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 1:52pm
^Lol! Unfortunately, I can believe that, though, because i saw footage from Digital Foundry for the latest Prey patch on consoles, and now the PS4 version randomly has screen tearing that wasn't there when I played at launch, and it now randomly stutters like crazy. In fact, the footage I saw made it look unplayable in its current state, where when I played it the game was smooth about 85% of the time, and then every once in a while it would start glitching. I never had massive stutters, though, so that seems like an entirely new problem for them to deal with. 

My main game right now is the Trails in the Sky series, which is a turn-based JRPG, though it's much more focused on plot and world building than on combat. It can have some challenging fights every once in a while, but the writing is its biggest strength. It's been awesome so far, about midway through the second game. I find I'm getting burned out of my Dark Souls style games lately, and there aren't any big new games out for a few months, so for the next while I'll be playing some old JRPGs as a nice change of pace, and also because that's my favorite genre of game, anyway. 

My next new game I'm interested in is Hellblade, though that looks like it could be really good or a total disaster, so I may wait for reviews on it. There's also Agents of Mayhem from the Saints Row developer, but between not being sold on the team based gameplay (still singleplayer, but you have to constantly switch between a group of 4 characters) and problems with the PS4 version of SRIV, I'm probably waiting for fan feedback on that one to see if it's worth a shot or not. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 1:12pm
I decided to jump back into Dishonored 2 again since it's been patched a couple more times since I last played, just to see if it was finally as fully smooth as the first game.

Would you believe that the game now runs worse for me? FPS drops that were previously fixed are back with a vengeance and I've had to knock all settings down to get close to a stable 60FPS again. I have checked and I am still opted into the beta patch, so this is pretty mind-boggling. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

Yeah, that could be interesting, or it could be a total disaster. One problem, though, is how will it stand out from Game of Thrones, considering they both fall on the dark side of fantasy and can both be pretty harsh and brutal sometimes? Guess we'll have to see how it turns out.

Well, the Witcher saga has the whole elves and dwarves etc thing going on that GoT doesn't, so that's one major difference. There's also Ciri's world-hopping powers (The last book that I'm reading actually starts in our world, well at least one where Arthurian legend is real anyway, because she has a conversation with Sir Galahad), though those would only come into play later. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 1:21pm
Yeah, that could be interesting, or it could be a total disaster. One problem, though, is how will it stand out from Game of Thrones, considering they both fall on the dark side of fantasy and can both be pretty harsh and brutal sometimes? Guess we'll have to see how it turns out.

Right now I'm playing The Surge, which is basically another developer trying to make "Sci-Fi Dark Souls". The actual combat is really good and being able to dismember different body parts for loot is cool, but the enemy placements have been really harsh in a not at all fun way that Souls games usually do a much better job with, and the game is already testing my patience, with how every aspect of it seems to be slightly stacked against you. I'm still having some fun with it, but compared to Dark Souls it definitely feels more like it's trying to be hard for the sake of it rather than being challenging in a fun way.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 94>
  Share Topic