Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 94>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 6:01pm
Steam summer sale, anyone?

So far I've spent like $25 and bought:
Bastion
Dead Space 2
Dear Esther
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
Saints Row: The Third
the entire Thief series
Torchlight
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 5:00am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

If you want them all on disc you'll have to buy the game of the year edition, you can't get the final DLC, Mothership Zeta on disc otherwise.

Thumbs Up

Also, I beat this game yesterday (finally!):

Resident Evil (1996) for the Playstation

I played through the game as Chris, and although I got stuck a bunch of times and needed walkthroughs, I did eventually beat it. I never would've completed this game without the internet, that's for sure! Overall, this was an excellent playthrough - it's flawed in a numerous areas, but it's a charming, fun, and challenging experience. Recommended from me. Clap
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 6:41am
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

If you want them all on disc you'll have to buy the game of the year edition, you can't get the final DLC, Mothership Zeta on disc otherwise.

Thumbs Up

If you do go game of the year I would actually recommend, if you have a system capable for it, going for the PC version. The 3rd party bug-fixes and mods make it very much worth buying the main game a second time. 

Same goes for New Vegas. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

I think I'm almost done with Assassin's Creed.  I need to head for Jerusalem to kill public asshole number one.

I just defeated public asshole number one.  Without spoiling anything, it turns out he was actually public asshole number two.  Off to fight the real number one!
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 6:40am

AC-130 in the air!
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 6:10pm
I beat Fallout 3. Cry That game was (pardon my French) fucking amazing! I'll definitely be playing it again in the near future... and next time as a completely reckless douchebag. Evil Smile
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 6:18pm
Now I'm playing Pokemon White version.

And dammit, I wanted this badass looking one called Gigalith, but I have to trade a certain Pokemon to evolve him into it.

Edited by Wilytank - 04 Aug 2012 at 6:25pm
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 9:32am
I also bought an NES about a week ago along with a bunch of games, so I've been playing that lately. Big smile I've been especially playing this one a lot over the past few days:

It's an excellent Galaga-esque space shooter... and it's insanely addictive!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 10:25am
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

I beat Fallout 3. Cry That game was (pardon my French) fucking amazing! I'll definitely be playing it again in the near future... and next time as a completely reckless douchebag. Evil Smile

I did that before. Didn't give as much satisfaction as playing the good guy to be honest.

I recently beat Fallout New Vegas with all 50 Steam Achievements. That took some doing, some of those challenges are ridiculous, such as killing Deathclaws with  relatively weak weapons. Dead

Overall not sure which is the better game, they both have their plus and minus points.

I did pick up an Oblivion playthrough I abandoned to replay Fallout 3 the other day but then Dawnguard got released for the PC, so I switched to Skyrim.

Dawnguard was a good DLC, but in some ways a disappointment. It's the Knights of the Nine of Skyrim, not the Shivering Isles. It's main quest can be done in a few hours and most of its side quests are generic rehashes of the base game's. I thought it would have additional replay value due to seeming like you gad to pick a side as per the civil war stuff of the base game, but although I only played the vampire side so far I looked on UESP and the story only splits for a couple of quests and then it re-joins. You get a new companion who seems pretty handy, but the trouble is right now she's bugged so that whenever she follows you your own vampire lord powers are so weak they're not worth using. Probably rate it a 7/10. 
GG2U

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 3:19pm
ive been playing day z the last couple days. (on my new computer)
im really enjoying it, i have my laptop next to me when im playing with a map open, so i can get my navigation on even when i dont have a map. (although it gets really hard when i dont have a watch at night or a compass ) 

Edited by SKwid - 08 Aug 2012 at 3:28pm

Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 3:28pm
Yo Jeff whats your xbl name.

I also beat Borderlands, and am now going through with a different character. Really good game, and it works well with co-op which is always a plus from me.

Edited by Sheavy - 08 Aug 2012 at 3:30pm
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 5:38pm
i might as well, 
my steam id: beheading 
my xbl: vI Waffen Iv (with upper case i's) 

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 6:11pm
My XBL gamertag is LedZepFan2244. Feel free to add me. Thumbs Up

Also, I bought a bunch of games today in Princeton (which you can find in the non-metal purchases thread), including Fallout: New Vegas (which I found for fucking $4.99!!!! Shocked). I'm super excited to play that one soon. Lately I've been playing this...

Timeshift (2007)

...but when I beat it, New Vegas is probably next on my list considering how much I loved Fallout 3.

This is a pretty typical FPS game; nothing really special, but it's entertaining.

Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 12:25pm
I found New Vegas to be extremely sub-par to Fallout 3. But with this being said it's still pretty good.
My XBL is Skirdge, and my steam is as of right now The Star God, but it tends to change a lot.

I might have played with you before Jeff, I know I've seen a Led Zeppelin fan GT before, and it had some random #'s after it.

Edited by Sheavy - 09 Aug 2012 at 12:27pm
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

I found New Vegas to be extremely sub-par to Fallout 3. But with this being said it's still pretty good.
My XBL is Skirdge, and my steam is as of right now The Star God, but it tends to change a lot.

I might have played with you before Jeff, I know I've seen a Led Zeppelin fan GT before, and it had some random #'s after it.
i agree, it felt like a fallout 3 expansion pack. 

if i was a millionaire, i would build this. 
holy fuck man 

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

I liked it more than Fallout 3 because in 3 the sidequests had dick-all to do with each other.  Entire game felt like arbitrarily wandering around helping and/or slaughtering wussies.  That being said, New Vegas has nothing that compares to blowing up Megaton Cool
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 3:00am
Yeah New Vegas beats F3 for side quests in every way. Mostly because there are a lot more of them. I'm still finding side quests in New Vegas I didn't realise were there. 

My biggest disappointment with the game though was the choosing a side aspect. No matter who you chose it's not that different in terms of quests you have to do. You might get one different one such as getting sent to the Great Khans by the NCR or to the White Glove Society by the Legion, but beyond that it's pretty much the same, with the main exception of the Legion which reverses just about everything.
GG2U

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 10:46am
I beat TimeShift, and my thoughts are a resounding 'meh'. It's a polished, well-made game, but it lacks anything too special or memorable. Worth playing if you're a die-hard FPS fan, though.

Today I'm heading to my grandparents' house for the bulk of the day, but when I return I will start New Vegas. Big smile
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 1:38pm
I've been alternating between Skyrim since Dawnguard came out for PC and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes on the Gamecube over the last few days. I'm considering starting a fresh character on Skyrim soon, I've done just about everything on my current that I played Dawnguard with. 
GG2U

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 7:22pm
I'm completely hooked on Fallout: New Vegas at the moment. It feels a bit more like an expansion pack for Fallout 3 than an entirely new entry, but I'm still blown away - lack of innovation aside, I think this game is certainly up to par with its predecessor thus far.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 94>
  Share Topic